sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

Humble pie for some who've been lording over others.

It's still a massive Friday, but how some realistic people have been treated by suggesting conservatism even without access to the data is troubling. 

Hey, if we all had data, maybe we could try our luck predicting too? 

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Well, CM won’t have enough juice to reach the Top 20 domestic. Some consolation justice for you there. 

Counter-juice: FK is one movie away from leaving the top 25 now.

Spoiler

:stirthepot:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

27 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

In only 10 days Endgame is already tied with 2012 Avengers final total. That is mindblowing. 

I remember the days when getting to $300m in 10 days was a huge deal. Now we are seeing double that amount. Staggering. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I know.

@cookie i will go buy some cookies now and i will really enjoy eating them very slowly so that they have to suffer.

You know, if FFH overperfoms FK may just get kicked out by the very next MCU movie.

:sparta:

• Haha 2

Took a cursory glance at my theater. Normalizing my theater across the country, I fully expect today to come in close to $65m. Business is much stronger today. Same number of show times as yesterday. Evenings are already on par with sales from 2pm yesterday but matinees are significantly stronger. 

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

You know, if FFH overperfoms FK may just get kicked out by the very next MCU movie.

:sparta:

3/3 would be some brutality, actually quite possible.    

If I was Brainbug I’d have shifted the conversation to Jurassic World at this point, that’s still got a long time in the top 10.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Shazam will go down as one of the most unfortunate release dates in history at this point. Not even sure if it will hit 140, maybe Pika double features can get the job done.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Humble pie for some who've been lording over others.

It's still a massive Friday, but how some realistic people have been treated by suggesting conservatism even without access to the data is troubling. 

Hey, if we all had data, maybe we could try our luck predicting too? 

Humble pie? It’s going to beat Infinity War in its 2nd weekend. Not even the most realistic people in the world saw this coming. Already crossed Jurassic World yesterday to be 6th all time worldwide, even before the weekend started, and will cross Infinity War, TFA, and Titanic by Sunday(Monday at the latest). Endgame has completed exceeded the box office expectations of everyone on this board. If they told you ‘it’d pass Avatar before release,’ they’d be lying through their teeth. 

Good Lord. Gonna be 2nd all time by its 2nd weekend, and some of you are melting down. Get a hold of yourself. 

I wonder how some of you are able to make it through each day. 

• Like 2

Okay, a very disappointing Friday number.  Looks like the TFA dream is dead unless EG can somehow pull a 60%+ Saturday increase out of its hat (lol).  No idea how I'll be able to survive with this movie getting a measly 850M Domestic.

Oh well, gotta leave something for future Avengers movies. :sparta:

Edited by IceFire9yt
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

3/3 would be some brutality, actually quite possible.    

If I was Brainbug I’d have shifted the conversation to Jurassic World at this point, that’s still got a long time in the top 10.

Yeah, this thing with Fallen Kingdom just emerged when it became clear that Endgame gave CM the boost it needed to pass it after all.

I actually dont see a MCU movie on the horizon that could top JW's 652M in the nearer future. Maybe Black Panther 2? Has that even a date yet? FFH surely doesnt have a chance.

Edited by Brainbug