terrestrial

Tuesday May 7 - AEG12.518 LS1.38 Intruder1.33 Ugly708.8k BT560k LaLorona458k CM394 Shazam!294k Little193 Code Geass173

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Endgame going to make 900 million dollars, and the little insecure morons on this board try to take potshots at the film bc it won’t pass TFA. Gmafb. 3 hours long and the film is raking in the dough.

If it were 2:15 minutes, TFA domestic total would be history. ‘Concern trolling’ is getting out of hand. 

Fan excuse bingo, it was 3 hours !

• Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Endgame going to make 900 million dollars, and the little insecure morons on this board try to take potshots at the film bc it won’t pass TFA. Gmafb. 3 hours long and the film is raking in the dough.

If it were 2:15 minutes, TFA domestic total would be history. ‘Concern trolling’ is getting out of hand. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5705357

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Yes, they're the insecure ones.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Ahhhh, this was a fun thread to read...so I'll break it down...

Endgame was a smashing success domestically the day it topped Infinity War...to top Part 1 was the goal, and it's gonna succeed in spades!  It was OBVIOUSLY gonna be more frontloaded (see my posts right after IW all the way through this year), and the movie length was gonna play in to making it a tougher sell for some part of "the legs" (aka, that time parents go and see it twice with the kids...which we won't be doing, unless my youngest swims his lap...and even then, I'm not sure he really wants it:)...

That being said, for me, it's too early to see where the legs are going...Endgame is still in the "dropping showings" category for this week, and colleges and high schools are still in session...since I see those age groups being drawn highly to the movie, it could start the pick up as the month goes by...and as Captain Marvel and Shazam get dropped rapidly over the next 2 weeks, it will get to be the only super in town til Spidey.  Now, I don't want to remind anyone about other supers movies, but I heard another super who got to be the only one left in town started a little rough, had a terrible 2nd weekend and 2nd week...and then just started to stay strong, over and over and over...and Endgame will not be dropped before August, even at my 12s, I don't think...I think it keeps a screen pretty much for the whole collegiate summer...so that's a lot of weeks to hang around and make money...

And speaking of Spidey, having seen Endgame, I now can't discount that Spidey might do for Endgame what Endgame did for CM...not to mention, I hear there's a weekend in June for fathers which really doesn't have a blow out opener for that weekend...and there's a Memorial Day weekend where this will likely be super the only:)...lots of chances for this to have lots of good holds and days ahead...

So, writing off final numbers in week 2 - crazy...I mean, I remember just 6 weeks ago when I told folks writing off CM and $400M that they needed to relax b/c late legs would kick in...so, it's too early to rule out numbers when it's obvious a movie will hang around...

Now, ruling out Ugly Dolls b/c of its rapid theater drop - go ahead...you can't make money if you can't stay in the theater!:)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Just now, JB33 said:

I agree, but one can still be disappointed in this Tuesday number nonetheless. Despite how big it is, I still thought it was capable of following a normal pattern. We've seen big daily numbers still get a big Tuesday boost.

me, into ww finals, do not look too closely into pattern, so please understand this more as a question than anything else:

The real Big final making releases, usually more around summer and Christmas? Older high earners total ohter pattern (like way longer in the cinemas.... = not comparable)

E.g. BP had the help a bit of A IW coming after it = helped, as A EG helped CM too to a degree

Its a movie with an unusual long running time. I wont rewatch it, as I am not happy with the movie, but if I'd rewatch it, I doubt I'd have the time to watch it during weekdays outside of every holidays or...

I mean, for a first time 'I have to see this fast', yes, for that I'll find the time. But for a repeat?

CBM more tending to shorter legs as e.g. Greek Wedding.... too

You do have full school time, or??

How many / which movies do you compare that too?

Any of those outside the general holiday times? Christmas? Over the average run time too?

I feel that there s not really a lot to compare to, hence my question.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Endgame was a smashing success domestically the day it topped Infinity War...to top Part 1 was the goal, and it's gonna succeed in spades!  It was OBVIOUSLY gonna be more frontloaded (see my posts right after IW all the way through this year), and the movie length was gonna play in to making it a tougher sell for some part of "the legs" (aka, that time parents go and see it twice with the kids...which we won't be doing, unless my youngest swims his lap...and even then, I'm not sure he really wants it:)...

That being said, for me, it's too early to see where the legs are going...Endgame is still in the "dropping showings" category for this week, and colleges and high schools are still in session...since I see those age groups being drawn highly to the movie, it could start the pick up as the month goes by...and as Captain Marvel and Shazam get dropped rapidly over the next 2 weeks, it will get to be the only super in town til Spidey.  Now, I don't want to remind anyone about other supers movies, but I heard another super who got to be the only one left in town started a little rough, had a terrible 2nd weekend and 2nd week...and then just started to stay strong, over and over and over...and Endgame will not be dropped before August, even at my 12s, I don't think...I think it keeps a screen pretty much for the whole collegiate summer...so that's a lot of weeks to hang around and make money...

And speaking of Spidey, having seen Endgame, I now can't discount that Spidey might do for Endgame what Endgame did for CM...not to mention, I hear there's a weekend in June for fathers which really doesn't have a blow out opener for that weekend...and there's a Memorial Day weekend where this will likely be super the only:)...lots of chances for this to have lots of good holds and days ahead...

So, writing off final numbers in week 2 - crazy...I mean, I remember just 6 weeks ago when I told folks writing off CM and $400M that they needed to relax b/c late legs would kick in...so, it's too early to rule out numbers when it's obvious a movie will hang around...

Now, ruling out Ugly Dolls b/c of its rapid theater drop - go ahead...you can't make money if you can't stay in the theater!:)

THANK YOU, someone else said i agree with every word you just said, we are still early in the run 

Edited by john2000
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Almost certain it'll be better than GOT's Long Night :P 

GOT = Game of Thrones? If yes, I have not watched it yet, if I watch the series, I'll start earliest after the last episode got aired

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Not to forget EG also passed the unadjusted gross of GWTW by hundreds of millions.

Except that no other movie had passed the unadjusted gross of titanic up until now except avatar so this comparison is silly. TFA didn’t even come close, IW didn’t, no Harry Potter movie did, no Jurassic film did e.t.c. Passing titanic is not something that is common so some people should stop acting like it is, nevermind that endgame will pass Avatar too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

GOT = Game of Thrones? If yes, I have not watched it yet, if I watch the series, I'll start earliest after the last episode got aired

Yes, Game Of Thrones. The 3rd episode is called The Long Night. You probably need to order night vision googles to watch that episode, it's literally dark. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

This is like the most insane post.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I remember when only trolls even suggested the idea of 425. I got chastised by multiple people for suggesting 415 yet now 425+ is a lock. It's crazy.

Agreed on the Spiderman connection. It will help weekends 9/10/11 imo. Memorial day weekend will be good too.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I remember when only trolls even suggested the idea of 425. I got chastised by multiple people for suggesting 415 yet now 425+ is a lock. It's crazy.

Agreed on the Spiderman connection. It will help weekends 9/10/11 imo. Memorial day weeken.d will be good roo

this is what i am trying to say all  this time, dont write off the movie ( and any movie )  yet we still have a long way to go , any analyze at this point as to where the movie will end while good its not trustworthy at least not yet

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2