Nova

Wednesday Numbers | Asgard 1: EndGame 8.4M Wed

3 minutes ago, Litio said:

I gave you only 1 generic example. There are more movies to come. I don't see how EG can stabilize in this situation.

Well, obviously there are more movies to come and it will drop theaters and lose shows as time goes on.  But for this weekend especially, when you are still going to make $60m+ you aren't going lose many shows to new comers, if any at all.  That's what #5-10 last weekend are for, they will lose theaters before Endgame will.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I think the weekend will be 74+. How deluded am I? Tune in in 4 days to find out.

Based on Tuesday/Wednesday I would be giddy with that result. I've shifted from 75+ to 67 in the last 4 days.

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

Well, obviously there are more movies to come and it will drop theaters and lose shows as time goes on.  But for this weekend especially, when you are still going to make $60m+ you aren't going lose many shows to new comers, if any at all.  That's what #5-10 last weekend are for, they will lose theaters before Endgame will.

Big screen drop for End Game when Aladdin comes out I assume? Losing a lot of PLF I imagine then.

and 2 early estimates are in too

Daily Domestic Chart for Wednesday May 8, 2019

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (6) The Curse of La Llorona Warner Bros. $300,000 -35% 2,540 $118   $49,383,339 20
- (8) Shazam! Warner Bros. $210,000 -29% 2,521 $83   $135,948,235 34

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2019/05/08

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Haha I adjusted mine to 67+ and almost exactly this. I also think it could beat DP, also could lose if it has great WOM. Might be a really close race.

Feel Sat bump will surprise. AIW's 2nd Sat bump and 3rd Sat bump were very different. 3rd Sat bump was remarkably better. If 3rd Sat can hit 30m that's some feat in itself.

• Like 1

I said yesterday before tuesday numbers appeared and some laughed on me. I see today more people are joining to see EG slowing down a lot.

I don´t see it even touching 850....those first days were out of this world and the appeal of this movie is not the same than Titanic, Avatar or TFA, at least in the US, because i don´t see it beating this movies in the adjusted total

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 3
  • Knock It Off 2

I think it inevitable that Endgame slows down a little quicker than some of the other Marvel movies with that huge opening it had. Casual fan's of the Marvel film's like myself went out and saw it in the first few days to avoid stumbling upon spoilers, but won't necessarily watch again at the cinema.

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Civil War's legs were poor while at worst Endgame's legs will be average. 

But once again when you open to 350 million dollars, you've already serviced a massive amount of the audience. So at this point legs really don't matter all that much.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

So what does Endgame need to make on the weekend to be on pace for a $900M DOM final gross?

Basically, if it follows AoU from this point onward, it'll get very close to 900M.  So it needs to just barely outperform AoU, which had a 50% drop in its 3rd weekend (so 73-74M).

Edited by IceFire9yt

6 hours ago, john2000 said:

still it will probably be around 790-800 by next weekend i dont see how it makes only  850 after then, even if it continues to have harsher drops than iw, the reaw number will be bigger, iw add 85 after its 4 weekend so endgame should add at least as much , so the floor will be at 875 imo

and somebody told me that my prediction around 885 is totaly nonsense, and it seems that I could be very close...

• Like 5

I would say based on the opening, a final total above 850 million should be the target. 

Considering it will be over 820 million after memorial Day, I dont see it stopping at 850 million. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, setna said:

I said yesterday before tuesday numbers appeared and some laughed on me. I see today more people are joining to see EG slowing down a lot.

I don´t see it even touching 850....those first days were out of this world and the appeal of this movie is not the same than Titanic, Avatar or TFA, at least in the US, because i don´t see it beating this movies in the adjusted total

the only reason people laughed at you yesterday is because you said endgame would have a decrease on Tuesday. That's why people were kind of snickering.

• Like 1

Yep and I got told by @Charlie Jatinder that it would easily pass TFA when I said that it would start slowing down. No big deal of course it's just one more lesson that we should all learn in that nothing is guaranteed at the box office. So we should all try to respect each other's analysis from time to time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yep and I got told by @Charlie Jatinder that it would easily pass TFA when I said that it would start slowing down. No big deal of course it's just one more lesson that we should all learn in that nothing is guaranteed at the box office. So we should all try to respect each other's analysis from time to time.

We all thought TFA was gonna fly past a 1 billion too. 

• Like 1