sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Going on a YouTube segment where you know you will be asked questions about what people search about...

Brie Larson: why is this a question...is this a personal attack? And uses awkward jokes like she is projecting a fake personality.

Olsen: answers question and act natural.

I'm certainly not going to delve into the obvious bait here, but I am going to say having not seen Elizabeth Olsen before in many interviews, she's definitely quite relaxed in the "celebrity" realm. Probably has a lot to do with her growing up around two very famous sisters.

• Like 3

@CoolEric258

Sad News!  Mother's Day plans of taking Mom to rewatch Evans' Beauty in IMAX had to be canceled because of, *gasp*, work.  Mom's taking the stunning blow in stride.  "You closing that real estate deal together is a much better present."

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

49 minutes ago, AndyK said:

BvS was bad but at least it had some entertainment value in parts.

SMH was just bland AF, which is a worse sin in my book.

The last FFH trailer looks to follow the same course.

Well I am willing to bet that the GA will disagree with you and that will be shown at the box office. HC was competent and serviceable, BvS was horrible.

18 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Going on a YouTube segment where you know you will be asked questions about what people search about...

Brie Larson: why is this a question...is this a personal attack? And uses awkward jokes like she is projecting a fake personality.

Olsen: answers question and act natural.

This video shows nothing but that two people have two slightly different personalities. Not sure if it's meant to prove something or not, especially in relation to whether or not Brie Larson should have been Captain Marvel.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I personally dont mind CM film really, I think she is to explore more in depth in the MCU. 

The conventional wisdom on this forum is that Brie Larson gets critiqued heavily as she is a woman but a well know female Superhero from the MCU did the same exact interview segment and did not face the same issue...so that argument does not hold...That interview segment.

Therefore the issue is that Brie Larson celebrity persona is not liked by some because of her persona not because she is a woman generally.

Does she get attached more heavily as she is a woman, yes I will agree to that though.

To me in the end its like how some people hate JLAW on here or dont like her. Not some vast right wing incent conspiracy. 

Oh...

• Astonished 1

I now know that a certain member here is one of the incels. Gotta avoid responding to that person now. Apparently, he's trying to rationalize his hate for Brie Larson.

Edited by UserHN
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

But the video only has brie Larson in her own words.

So according to you its crap by default.

So that means...

Point noted :)

That speaks more to the Youtube suggestions that's gonna crop up for me and I don't think I need to watch some of those to know how full of shit they are.

So that means...

You misunderstood what I meant. :) 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Why do people hate brie? 

Shes seems super nice 

They think she's too outspoken on subjects they don't care for.

And she doesn't show her boobs either.

Edited by Thomas Beck
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

They think she's too outspoken on subjects they don't care for.

And she doesn't show her boobs either.

Ah okay. I guess people are insecure about people speaking their minds.

they are movie stars but also people who have platform and should be able to have a opinion on things 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

well yeah you dont want to break up the Nolan Worshipping Videos in your youtube recommendations :):)

It's a bunch of Bob Ross painting videos that I put on for white noise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

@CoolEric258

Sad News!  Mother's Day plans of taking Mom to rewatch Evans' Beauty in IMAX had to be canceled because of, *gasp*, work.  Mom's taking the stunning blow in stride.  "You closing that real estate deal together is a much better present."

For Mother's Day, I managed to buy tickets for the Fandango Early Access showing of Rocketman next Saturday (Elton's her favorite singer ever). No Evans, but she probably crushed on Madden when GOT started

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, stealthyfrog said:

Yeah, I'm getting a bit worried that Disney tentpoles (MCU, Star Wars, live-action remakes) are the only big-budget blockbusters that succeed these days.

There's Bond too outside of the Disney properties, the original big-budget blockbusters! Even the disappointing Spectre made almost $900M WW and Skyfall was well over $1billion. That was 7 years ago too, and with ZERO boost from 3D showings.

If they get the villain and story right, and Furious drops a little from the last one, Bond 25 could be the #1 WW movie next year. Skyfall was only second to The Avengers in 2012, so perhaps OO7 coming out on top wouldn't be so crazy in a generally weak 2020. 

Black Widow might feel some effect as well, what with following only one month after Bond, but whether up or down I couldn't say! 😁

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Lets just not talk about this whole thing here, please?

I think I proved Brie Larson will now be a thread destabilizing topic for the next few years :stretcher:

• Like 1