sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Also, I learned yesterday that Sonic isn't a Pokémon. WHAT? I legit thought he was a pokemon that just got so popular he got his own spin off franchise. Like Frasier and Cheers. 

SONIC RIGHT NOW

Resultado de imagen para sonic triggered

Edited by AnDr3s
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Endgame dropped harder than I thought it would (again), but it's still making money hand over fist and certainly had more direct competition to deal with this weekend than Infinity War had over this same weekend last year. Avatar is obviously the last film it will pass on the all-time domestic chart, and it should finish within a few million of $850 million domestically. 

Terrific opening for Detective Pikachu. The marketing team clearly did a great job of capitalizing on both the brand's current popularity and the nostalgic angle it's now able to work. I was initially skeptical of the decision to focus just on Pikachu for the first live action film when it was first announced, but it clearly paid off on a commercial level this weekend.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AndyK said:

BvS was bad but at least it had some entertainment value in parts.

SMH was just bland AF, which is a worse sin in my book.

The last FFH trailer looks to follow the same course.

Oh just how some people overrate Vulture as some competent villain even though he is one of the weakest and lamest phase-III villains. Complete waste of Michael Keaton. :gold:

• ...wtf 3
  • Knock It Off 1

32 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Except that you literally could since IT is part of the Stephen King Universe 😂

I can think of at least 2 very plausible sequels. 

1 - prequel, which explores Pennywise's origin in much more detail, plus shows his original terrorization of Derry. I'd definitely be in for that.

2 - future, when Pennywise (Or a spawn of) returns once more to haunt new characters

If the BO is there for those two, they'll think of other ways to continue beyond that. 

It's more plausible than all these conjuring sequels we've had, so why not?

19 minutes ago, MrPink said:

If they make a Mortal Kombat movie, DEFINITELY get Ronda Rousey to reprise her role as Sonya :hahaha:

How she managed to give a bad performance in a video game is still beyond me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Beck said:

So people mainly want to to see bigger than life movies at the cinema. Makes sense as you might just as well see anything else comfortably in your home, but a good spectacle requires the big screen.

Thank you. It is only natural, with the huge advancement both in home theater equipment and streaming services.

1 hour ago, Thomas Beck said:

So people mainly want to to see bigger than life movies at the cinema. Makes sense as you might just as well see anything else comfortably in your home, but a good spectacle requires the big screen.

Not new, this is what happened during the 1950s with the advent of TV.    It's why we got CinemaScope, so many sprawling and/or globetrotting epics and wide screen ratios. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Going on a YouTube segment where you know you will be asked questions about what people search about...

Brie Larson: why is this a question...is this a personal attack? And uses awkward jokes like she is projecting a fake personality.

Olsen: answers question and act natural.

What is this supposed to be showing us?