sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

hmm, somebody attacked me few days ago, about my prediction 885mil as final for AEG, and now it seems, I could be right, or even overpredicted......

any more experienced friends around.... will it get up to this 885mil, or it could stop 870-880?

can AEG get a little help from summer days? or it will be too late?

Marek

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

A movie being success doesn’t hinge on the fact that it makes a billion or not 

Disney have the biggest ips no doubt though

What i see is that people will start to stop watching mid-size films like comedies or action films in theatres if Netflix or other streaming services are releasing such films or will have them on their services in 2-3 months. 

The issue is that Netflix cannot make a film like Endgame or films like the mega Disney blockbusters coming out this year.

That is why Disney has gone for the tentpole focused releases.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marek the Jedi said:

can AEG get a little help from summer days? or it will be too late?

Any parents / older siblings who want kids out of the house in summer will find the option of sending them to see Endgame a godsend; four hours peace!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

What i see is that people will start to stop watching mid-size films like comedies or action films in theatres if Netflix or other streaming services are releasing such films or will have them on their services in 2-3 months. 

The issue is that Netflix cannot make a film like Endgame or films like the mega Disney blockbusters coming out this year.

That is why Disney has gone for the tentpole focused releases.

Yeah comedies and small animated movies are dead 

I don’t even blame them because Netflix is so convinent 

nostalgia based movies or mega franchise CBM films are the new trends. If you don’t have either you in a hole 

fast and furious most original blockbuster

hope hobbs and Shaw does well 

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

Just jumping in, no time to scroll/read thread, are the Pika folks happy with its weekend?

Plenty of crazy predicts for it months ago, the inevitable reality is here now, so.....

170 million WW OW. I’ll definitely take it. All I wanted was movie to be profitable to get more live action Pokémon movies 

legs now matter most 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clouseau said:

I'll explain when you're older. 😉

I am older.  I blame the elders.  it would suck to give kids the sense of family being an imaginary villain with elders keeping secrets from them

Spoiler

because they shouldn't expect anything better from any of you

Edited by Clubs Are Trash

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

But if it hits 850, isn't he right?

Nope that's not how probability works.

If I was to say "when I flip this coin it is guartueed to be heads", then proceed to flip the coin and get heads; the statement doesn't become true after the flip.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

47 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Going on a YouTube segment where you know you will be asked questions about what people search about...

Brie Larson: why is this a question...is this a personal attack? And uses awkward jokes like she is projecting a fake personality.

Olsen: answers question and act natural.

Brie Larson seems very like deer-in-the-headlights with her sudden extreme A-list fame. All her press interviews she puts across a very forced personality. Fortunately she's fine in the film.

I also agree Emily Blunt would have been better, a shame that did not work out.

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

Brie Larson seems very like deer-in-the-headlights with her sudden extreme A-list fame. All her press interviews she puts across a very forced personality. Fortunately she's fine in the film.

I also agree Emily Blunt would have been better, a shame that did not work out.

I think the major issue with CM vs Thor or CA is that her character has not really faced its match yet or been deconstructed as much.

Let us not forget not everyone was very liking of those characters back in 2011.

I would argue most people still saw CA as a joke out of date character until seeing him in Avengers. 

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 2

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Nope that's not how probability works.

If I was to say "when I flip this coin it is guartueed to be heads", then proceed to flip the coin and get heads; the statement doesn't become true after the flip.

sorry buddy but when he says the floor is a certain number and it hits that number then he was correct. And there's no other way to argue that. The floor means the worst case scenario.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

sorry buddy but when he says the floor is a certain number and it hits that number then he was correct. And there's no other way to argue that. The floor means the worst case scenario.

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Cmon now it's Jimbo.. Don't take the bait

facepalm8.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

so Endgame is doing the absolute worst it could have done? There is no way it could have done worse than it is now?

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

You guys forgot the best video game Uncharted if done well easily make billies..😎

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cd8765c6d522f4b6f

Cinematic as they are, how do you differentiate this series from Indiana Jones on the film level.

• Like 1