Cooper Legion

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IMDb falls to 7.8. Can totally see go down 7.5. This will be lowest rated Live Action Western series I have seen. Current lowest is 13 Reasons Why.

I didn't want to post this in Cap 4 thread due to spoiler sensitivity but I'm disappointed that the movie will keep F&TWS showrunners-writers. I think that writing was a weak spot together with Kellyman's "acting" (LMAO!) and I can't blame covid-19 changes for it. Flagsmashers didn't work at all either as

straight up villains cause they were laughable, impossible to take seriously serum or no serum, and even less so as sympathetic villains that deserve "don't call them terrorists/other villainous name" eulogy. They were killing people, threatening people, and that Sam didn't want to fight Karli who was obviously going to shoot him had Sharon not taken her out, was ridiculous. So writers who cannot see that big part of their writing doesn't work and doesn't connect aren't the best choice, IMO. Also, they were flipflopping between Flagsmashers, Zemo and Walker as the main antagonist which didn't flow well.

So yeah, movie could do way better. I mena, I get that Marvel doesn't want to change the winning team but the team was flawed af. If they could replace Boden&Flick after CM made 1.1B yet flaws were obviously with writing and directing, why can't these guys get a better replacement? Fingers crossed they do later. The movie won't come out until 2023. 

• Like 2

Surprised by how dark and political this show was. WandaVision was already much more serious than I expected from Marvel, but I still wasn't prepared for some scenes in this.

I really enjoyed the finale and don't have the problems other people have. I liked what they did with

Spoiler

Sharon

because even during that final scene I was questioning if she was good or bad, and I hope she continues to be ambiguous and not a straight up villain. Also liked

Spoiler

John Walker's redemption

and I don't have a problem with how it was done either.

Edited by Napoleon

Truly pitiful finale.

The action was horrendous. Writing for the characters abysmal. Nearly nothing worked for me (nearly)

I applaud their attempt at portraying racial tensions in the US but it doesn't make the show good. Just politically relevant. 

Spoiler

Sharon Carter went from risking her life for Captain America (TWICE) and being one of the good guys fighting for justice to being a criminal overlord breeding super-soldiers then infiltrating the government. What the actual fuck. 

And don't get me started on the crowd applauding on cue on the bridge, that was pure LMAO

The only remotely good scene, which was actually great, was the museum reunion with Isaiah, that was really sweet actually. 

I'm a big marvel fan (Endgame is a 5 star movie tbh) but this is their biggest misfire since The Incredible Hulk. 

Hopefully Feige watches them closely for Cap 4 because otherwise oh jeez... disaster in the making

My current ranking:

1. Avengers: Endgame 

2. Guardians of the Galaxy 

3. Thor: Ragnarok 

4. Avengers: Infinity War 

5. WandaVision 

6. The Avengers

7. Doctor Strange

8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

9. Captain America: Civil War

10. Iron Man

11. Spider-Man: Homecoming

12. Ant-Man

13. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

14. Avengers: Age of Ultron

15. Captain Marvel

16. Black Panther

17. Ant-Man and the Wasp

18. Spider-Man: Far from Home

19. Thor

20. Thor: The Dark World

21. Iron Man 3

22. Iron Man 2

23. Captain America: The First Avenger

24. Falcon and the Winter Soldier

25. The Incredible Hulk

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

Well pretty much liked the costume of sam and a few action set pieces here and there.

But good God this episode was so laughably cringe  and some of the dialogue was plain bad.

-Sam's speech was like that of student right activists with a limited view of how the world operates . This whole segment was so preachy and on the fucking nose.

- who the hell put that scene of cheering sam at the bridge .That whole scene was cringe and an insult .

Everything with kali was pretty much amplified in this episode.

Why the hell does sam try to defend her and lecture the grc for calling her a terrorist which she bloody is and trying to make the Grc look bad. All we got from this show was kali telling us world bad because bse reverse blip happened, endgame showed that the blip  period as one of grief and suffering. All say with flagsmasher plotline with zero substance to back it up which just makes sam's speech dumb.

Walker's arc was so anti climatic but still looking forward to him because he was one of the best parts of the show.

Though I don't hate this as much as the wanda vision finale .This was bad and one of the worst pieces of mcu content , all theme no substance and the most pretentious shit I've ever seen in the MCU.

Shield and cap mantle which was based of morality and the man within which was addressed little and instead reduced to a race political statement which doesn't make a lick of sense in this universe and is just put forth for the sake of this show trying to be politically relevant.

As part of the demographic in question why does everything about us always have to be reduced to fucking racism which is just frustrating culminating to that cheering scene and that moment in sam's speech  which was just plain embarrassing and insulting.

Sam is good in the mantle of cap and the show did that well  instead of trying to pander and trying to make us understand flagsmasher nonsence.

6/10 overall thanks to episode 5 but otherwise this would have been bad.

Ranking.

1. GotG 

2. Infinity war  3.avengers 4.winter soldier 5.civil war 6.Ragnarok

7. Endgame 8.ironman  9.FFH

10. AOU  11. Ironman 3  12 .Gotg2

13 . Thor   14.WV.   15. First avenger. 16. Antm

17 .BP.   18.homecoming. 19. Doctor strange  20. FTWS. 21. Captain marvel   22.antm&W  

23. Ironman2.    24.thor 2

25. Incredible hulk

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 2

Don't remember the last time I did ranking of MCU project but if I have to it will be something like this. I am rating on basis of rewatachability and memorable factor. 

1. Thor Ragnarok 

2. Captain America TFA

3. Avengers Infinity war 

4. Avengers 

5. Guardians of the Galaxy 

6. Iron Man 

7. Black Panther 

8. Captain America TWS

9. Iron Man 3

10. Thor /Wandavision 

11. Ant Man

12. Doctor Strange 

13. Avengers Endgame (Great movie but not very rewatachable) 

14. Captain America :Civil War

15. Captain Marvel /Avengers AOU

16. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

17. Ant Man and The Wasp 

18. Spiderman Homecoming 

19. Iron Man 2 / The Falcon and Winter Soldier

20. Thor TDW

21. Spiderman Far From Home ( I have only watched it once and never plan to watch it again) 

22. The Incredible Hulk ( Don't care about it) 

I hope Marvel learns from mistakes and make upcoming shows even better. 

I have so far not hated any MCU content and hope that's forever. 

Loki seems like might get into my Top 5.

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Like 2

This was...kinda meh, not gonna lie. Definitely not one of my favorite MCU projects. WandaVision was much better. Honestly felt like there was a lot of filler that could've been easily cut out to edit this down to a 2.5 hour movie. And while the MCU has proven they can handle social commentary in the past, here it just came across as ham-fisted.

Karli is easily the worst MCU villain so far, but she (and Erin Kellyman's lack of talent) have been criticized enough at this point. I saw the twist about Sharon coming from a mile away, but hey, at least they found an actual arc to give Emily Van Camp after she ended up at the center of arguably the ickiest moment (the kiss between her and Steve in Civil War) across the entire MCU to date.

Mackie and Stan were good as always, despite some of the weak writing they were given. Also enjoyed Wyatt Russell's John Walker and his redemption. Love that they've casted JLD as what appears to be the evil answer to Nick Fury. And the action was pretty awesome for the most part.

Title reveal at the end was a nice touch.

With the MCU really expanding its universe now through shows, it's inevitable that some of the projects will end up underwhelming. At least we can all agree it's better something like this turned out to be meh as opposed to one much more meaningful like Endgame.

• Like 2

ALthough it had a some good moments, it was the weakest of the four 2021 Disney + Marvel Miniseries.

I thought it was too heavy handed in the way it handled it;s political commentary. ANd the climax was a mess.