sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

All this talk of live-action remakes of Pixar movies is making me feel nauseous.

But Rorschach. What if we take MORE stories that were expressly designed to work best (or even at all) in animation... and just don't give a shit about that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

All this talk of live-action remakes of Pixar movies is making me feel nauseous.

Things will dry up fast and they will get desperate enough...a lot sooner than we think...:sadno:

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

But Rorschach. What if we take MORE stories that were expressly designed to work best (or even at all) in animation... and just don't give a shit about that?

very excited to see Ratatouille in live action.  it'll be directed by Jon Favreau so it can also work as Chef 2.  great brand synergy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, snarkmachine said:

it’s only a matter of time until disney runs out of renaissance movies to remake and turn to their pixar movies. although i wouldn’t mind a live-action UP

They still have Little Mermaid which is a franchiese with 3 movies potential and there is Mulan another 2 part franchiese and I hear it's the biggest one of them as far as budget go. 

Then there is Aladdin which is another Franchiese with possible 3 moives (1 down 2 to go) 

Lion King could also have a sequel and there is Jungle book sequel coming up and I think thats about it. 

2+3+2+1+1= 9 potential disney remake renaissances left to remake

But if we remove these that are already planned with a release date and in production then we have left = 2+1+1+2 = 6 disney renaissances movies left to remake

Edited by Geo1500

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

very excited to see Ratatouille in live action.  it'll be directed by Jon Favreau so it can also work as Chef 2.  great brand synergy.

the fully CG humans, food and Paris are going to be G R O U N D B R E A K I N G

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

the fully CG humans, food and Paris are going to be G R O U N D B R E A K I N G

There will be controversy surrounding the film months prior to release due to the design choices made while having Jon Favreau play a realistic-looking Remy.  none of this will matter in the end though because, despite mixed reviews, the movie will become a smash hit, the critics will be exposed for the frauds that they are and the audience will be validated once again.

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i have a single demand and it is a live action shrek (in make up not mocap) to be played by vincent d'onofrio.

Some remakes don't translate well into real life remakes. I'm still in doubt of TLK and but I think Mulan is gonna breakout in 2020 and can easily be made into a real life remake but they need Mushu (hiring kevin hart will do them great on the Box office) 

How can anyone make Mulan without Mushu.

giphy.gif

Shrek is one of these remakes but it can work and translate better into real life remakes then TLK 

Edited by Geo1500

ratatouille is really the number one you can't do in live action. that movie with a realistic looking rat would make zero dollars. that's too gross. A Bug's Life with a bunch of tiny bugs you can barely see would make more money. bee movie with a real bee would make more money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

ratatouille is really the number one you can't do in live action. that movie with a realistic looking rat would make zero dollars. that's too gross. A Bug's Life with a bunch of tiny bugs you can barely see would make more money. bee movie with a real bee would make more money.

Tom and Jerry would be another difficult one to pull off. I would say that is super difficult because capturing Tom's humour will be impossible

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

There will be controversy surrounding the film months prior to release due to the design choices made while having Jon Favreau play a realistic-looking Remy.  none of this will matter in the end though because, despite mixed reviews, the movie will become a smash hit, the critics will be exposed for the frauds that they are and the audience will be validated once again.

most controversial of all will be when he casts eddie redmayne as the dude being controlled by the rat.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wait, what? +17M from the 24M true Friday. Not sure that's likely. I do think 30M+ could definitely happen.

I would say 35M+ due to families turning up in big numbers mostly on Saturday and Sunday. I won't even be surprised if it reaches 43M+ saturday

Edited by Geo1500
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

29 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Aladdin could breakout later tonight. I am tracking 40-41.5M on a big saturday

That's literally impossible.  That would be about an 80% jump from the true Friday and that has never happened ever in the history of films on their opening Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Tom and Jerry would be another difficult one to pull off. I would say that is super difficult because capturing Tom's humour will be impossible

I can already picture a Tom and Jerry live action movie directed by Peter Farelly starring Octavia Spencer as the black maid whose face is never shown on-screen except for her feet. Sweet Jesus, the hot takes...

1 minute ago, baumer said:

That's literally impossible.  That would be about an 80% jump from the true Friday and that has never happened ever in the history of films on their opening Saturday.

The $300m OW was impossible a couple months back too.