sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

21 minutes ago, AJG said:

Reddit has given their people a “What Went Wrong” thread, when will we do the same?

Implying that actual humans use Reddit. Everyone knows that they're just bots paid for by Disney and the Libertarian party.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

i had stumbled on a reddit thread just today that was "best performance that wasn't nominated for an oscar?" and the most upvoted comment was Ham Jackman in Prisoners. something very wrong with that place.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Implying that actual humans use Reddit. Everyone knows that they're just bots paid for by Disney and the Libertarian party.

Hahaha, yes of course, I feel like people dont give Disney enough credit for their cutting edge algorithms. They are years ahead of the US and Russia in AI, to the extent that you cannot tell if you're talking to a real person or a bot. There is only one tried and true method to discern a bot.. if the user shows any kind of support for Disney bingo, its a bot. Its getting harder nowadays, bots have become very subtle, even feigning support for other films to hide their true nature. Between the bots, paying off hundreds of critics simultaneously (and threatening their families to ensure not a single one of them speaks out in frustration), and buying out hundreds of theaters, Disney has been able to create the illusion of success. Just don't be so naive to think any of it is real

Edited by Justin4125
Grammar
  • Haha 6

1. The last one was a wet fart to most folks.

2. Five years is a huge gap if said last one didn't leave people wanting more.

3. No "it's the first one in 15 years, maybe this time it'll be good!" novelty factor.
4. Bad reviews.

5. Bad release date. There's a lot of competition for all demos right now.

6. Giant CG monsters bashing each other leaves much of the GA cold from the start.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i had stumbled on a reddit thread just today that was "best performance that's never been nominated for an oscar?" and the most upvoted comment was Ham Jackman in Prisoners. something very wrong with that place.

rs_300x300-130628170049-600.HJackman.ms.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

Hahaha, yes of course, I feel like people dont give Disney enough credit for their cutting edge algorithms. They are years ahead of the US and Russia in AI, to the extent that you cannot tell if you're talking to a real person or a bot. There is only one tried and true method to discern a bot.. if the user shows any kind of support for Disney bingo, its a bot. Its getting harder nowadays, bots have become very subtle, even feigning support for other films to hide their true nature. Between the bots, paying off hundreds of critics simultaneously (and threatening their families to ensure not a single one of them speaks out in frustration), and buying out hundreds of theaters, Disney has been able to create the illusion of success. Just don't be so naive to think any of it is real

Disney also rigs elections, steals candy from babies and gave my great aunt type 2 diabetes. I'd say we should stop them but it's already too late. 

I saw Rocketman on Thursday. Went to see “MA” yesterday. Watched “Always Be My Maybe” yesterday night. Seeing Godzilla tomorrow afternoon. Thursday I’m seeing Dark Phoenix which is the one I’m most looking forward to. Then Secret Life Of Pets 2 on Friday. So nobody can say I’m not supporting the box office. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Slicknickshady said:

I saw Rocketman on Thursday. Went to see “MA” yesterday. Watched “Always Be My Maybe” yesterday night. Seeing Godzilla tomorrow afternoon. Thursday I’m seeing Dark Phoenix which is the one I’m most looking forward to. Then Secret Life Of Pets 2 on Friday. So nobody can say I’m not supporting the box office. Lol. 

The box office supports your dedication! Lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

Hahaha, yes of course, I feel like people dont give Disney enough credit for their cutting edge algorithms. They are years ahead of the US and Russia in AI, to the extent that you cannot tell if you're talking to a real person or a bot. There is only one tried and true method to discern a bot.. if the user shows any kind of support for Disney bingo, its a bot. Its getting harder nowadays, bots have become very subtle, even feigning support for other films to hide their true nature. Between the bots, paying off hundreds of critics simultaneously (and threatening their families to ensure not a single one of them speaks out in frustration), and buying out hundreds of theaters, Disney has been able to create the illusion of success. Just don't be so naive to think any of it is real ●●● /s ●●●

Brilliant comedy:)

TTVOMJ

3 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Cuts both ways, as many predicted Mary Poppins would kill Aquaman. Although, Mary Poppins wasn’t MCU, it was still Disney.

If we go MCU, many thought GOTG2 would crush WW. Narrator’s voice: It didn’t.

Well, GotG2 didn't "crush" WW, but it still outgrossed it worldwide.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Slicknickshady said:

LavishIdolizedDore-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i had stumbled on a reddit thread just today that was "best performance that wasn't nominated for an oscar?" and the most upvoted comment was Ham Jackman in Prisoners. something very wrong with that place.

I couldn't agree with that Redditor more.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Cuts both ways, as many predicted Mary Poppins would kill Aquaman. Although, Mary Poppins wasn’t MCU, it was still Disney.

If we go MCU, many thought GOTG2 would crush WW. Narrator’s voice: It didn’t.

What are you talking about? All three MCU movies that year crushed ww.

5 hours ago, Alli said:

lol  you gotta be joking. WW 2 is highly anticipated. No1cur about Black Widow

“This will be the MCU film that disappoints,” says increasingly nervous man for the seventeenth time this decade.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Menor said:

Above is the 2020 evolution of "there is no hype"

Guess we should thank him 😛 

5 hours ago, TMP said:

WB's low-budget clown films will make more than LEGO, Pikachu, Shazam! and Godzilla combined?

Those 4 are worth some 500M combined despite all underperforming, won’t be easy. I think their low budget clown/doll films will do the trick.

• Like 1