charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (6/26) Numbers.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

That doesn’t seem like a good start for Annabelle. 

Heavy drop for Toy Story 4, but it seems worse because yesterday had a 2 in front of it

a 45 increase is also a bigger increase than normal, so it makes kind of sense,

Good number for Aladdin.

disappointing for TS4.

Disappointing for Annabelle after its preview number.

Interested to see how much everything else dropped with annabelle's first full day. That will put the first 2 in more perspective.

• Disbelief 1

Everyone needs to stop comparing Tuesdays and Wednesdays with TS3. The pattern was very very different in 2010 and we have seen all of this year that Tuesday is higher than it has been. 

I get the monday-wednesday stuff, but ultimately its not the same for each film. 

That being said, I hope the actual has a 12 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DisposedData said:

Those are some shockingly bad Anabelle and Toy Story 4 numbers.

Only bad because tuesday was over 20m. Its a fairly normal drop % wise in comparison to the rest of the year. 

Annabelle though, yeah that was rough. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

Those are some shockingly bad Toy Story 4 numbers.

Not really. Tuesday had a huge +45% so this Wednesday's -42% compensates for that. In comparison, Dory had +18% Tuesday and a -22% Wed. I2 had a  +14% Tuesday and a -27% Wed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Too many horror movies coming one after another this year. Cannibalizing each other.

Lmao. 

Just the conjuring universe has dropped 7 movies in 6 years. Small budgets so they are just keep dropping them like hot sausages

Edited by Geo1500

6 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Not really. Tuesday had a huge +45% so this Wednesday's -42% compensates for that. In comparison, Dory had +18% Tuesday and a -22% Wed. I2 had a  +14% Tuesday and a -27% Wed.

Wednesday is still going to be a better indicator of its next weekend than Tuesday or Monday. Which is showing a drop nearly on par with Incredibles 2 which faced Fallen Kingdom in its second weekend. I really wouldn't say they're good either.

8 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

Wednesday is still going to be a better indicator of its next weekend than Tuesday or Monday. Which is showing a drop nearly on par with Incredibles 2 which faced Fallen Kingdom in its second weekend. I really wouldn't say they're good either.

But it's not 'shockingly bad' like what you were implying. Annabelle I will agree.

Annabelle will make its $$$ back, I wouldn’t sob yet. Conjuring Universe has been pushing them like crazy since 2016(since 2015 we had a break). Thats normal to happen, A similar pattern with the Saw franchise is set for now anyway for it, just like what Saw VI was after Saw V. 

Sounds like a typical Wednesday, even though we haven’t had official numbers yet. Toy Story 4 I think should still push some cash flow for Disney. 

But I think next week at this time will be a massive explosion at the box office with Spider Man probably rejuvenating box office. 

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Maybe families with kids are all going on discount tuesday. it's expensive for a family to go on  a normal day

Maybe. Expected large Wed drop after huge increase Tuesday.

Edited by UserHN