Eric the Fall Guy

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

Just now, xiazhi said:

Have you seen the movie for real? It's def in TCU.

No one really knows it is, but as you mentioned, you have to see it and once you do, it's VERY CLEAR that it is part of the Conjuring U.

• Like 1

I think that Sony is to blame tbh. Sony's marketing isn't that good. I know that Venom and Spider-verse were successes (especially the latter in the DOM market)  but there was something novel about both those films. I'm expecting a decrease for both those films. Spidey will manage open a little bit better than the previous film.

Also, I feel like the movie didn't really get a holiday boost.

6 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I honestly don't see how that's even possible given the great reception of Spider-Man in the MCU so far.

Endgame helped Far From Home if anything

22 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I've been laughing at this post for a solid minute now.  No idea how to respond to what you're actually saying but thanks for the laugh

Rip. 💀 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

If that 70% drop for Annabelle is real, we have to blame The Nun and La Llorona for that.

Don't believe Anthony. He was wrong about its numbers last week too. He said 25 million 5 day. Turned out it was 31 million. This guy is lowballing movies and studios he does not like while overprojecting the ones he does like. He is not to be trusted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think that Sony is to blame tbh. Sony's marketing isn't that good. I know that Venom and Spider-verse were successes (especially the latter in the DOM market)  but there was something novel about both those films. I'm expecting a decrease for both those films. Spidey will manage open a little bit better than the previous film.

Also, I feel like the movie didn't really get a holiday boost.

It's getting a great bump internationally though across Europe, LA, and Asia so I feel like there has to be some domestic only factor. Don't know what that would be though. 

Spider-Man is doing fine and meeting realistic expectations. This summer has really taught me that we cannot take the box office for granted. It is so unpredictable. I am really tempering my expectations for WW84. I thought it would for sure pass the first one. Now, I am not so sure. That is not a concern for  FFH, as it will undoubtedly gross more than HC. For a sequel, that is a nice accomplishment. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Menor said:

Yeah but I'm talking about the increase relative to Homecoming

I think the biggest issue people forget that is Spider-Man is an established character and property. Too many expected a bump like Ant-Man, Thor or Captain America got from films 1 to 2 just because this is the first 2 films of the MCU Spider-Man, but IMO that was unrealistic for a known commodity. The OS bump in many markets is from places where SH films have taken off in the post-Avengers world, so the bump is to be expected until a general parity is achieved. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I think the biggest issue people forget that is Spider-Man is an established character and property. Too many expected a bump like Ant-Man, Thor or Captain America got from films 1 to 2 just because this is the first 2 films of the MCU Spider-Man, but IMO that was unrealistic for a known commodity. The OS bump in many markets is from places where SH films have taken off in the post-Avengers world, so the bump is to be expected until a general parity is achieved. 

It's getting good bumps in SK and Japan where Spidey has always been one of the strongest SH franchises, even in Europe it's opening well above Homecoming. The US is pretty much the only market where the opening has this small of a bump.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Spider-Man is doing fine and meeting realistic expectations. This summer has really taught me that we cannot take the box office for granted. It is so unpredictable. I am really tempering my expectations for WW84. I thought it would for sure pass the first one. Now, I am not so sure. That is not a concern for  FFH, as it will undoubtedly gross more than HC. For a sequel, that is a nice accomplishment. 

Now watch the meltdowns when TLK "under performs".

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I never expect 1984 to surpass its predecessor without the hype of being the first female SH solo. 

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

It's getting good bumps in SK and Japan where Spidey has always been one of the strongest SH franchises, even in Europe it's opening well above Homecoming. The US is pretty much the only market where the opening has this small of a bump.

I mean it's going to be a roughly 20% jump in the US. I haven't been following a lot of the other established markets, but are they really that much better in those established markets? 

For instance, I know France had a big jump, but it's still under 2 of the older Spider-Man films, right? And a lot of Europe wasn't really "in" on SH films until Infinity War and Endgame hooked a lot of people. 

Some of us MCU fans are in that spot on Behind The Music where we fortunate enough to have a #1 album, but we flip out that every album isn’t record setting so we turn to heroin. 

I’m trying not to be Nikki Sixx if FFH only goes 10% over Homecoming domestic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1