Eric the Fall Guy

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

3 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Reading this thread and the analysis from you and a few others in the tracking thread and here, Deadline seems in line this time. However, that doesn’t mean it cannot go up significantly with the evening shows. This is its first Friday, so no telling how it will behave on weekends. I would also bet on a big Saturday regardless. That is a staple of MCU movies. In any event, 166-173 is a great start. That is unless you were one of the folks predicting 225-250. Clearly, it isn’t reaching that. But so what! 

its still early for friday an its not OD. So not sure if I will take Deadline’s number as a gospel. They are normally close for OD for these movies. That said let us wait for @Charlie Jatinder update later this evening to confirm where it will end.

I don’t see big increase tomorrow. its July 4 week and lots of folks take off today(my wife has a holiday today and my office is a ghost town hardly anybody at work). So Saturday will not be that far off from friday.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

so you are saying $400 M is out of reach ...

adding 3x this weekend will give it 400. not out of reach but lets see how it holds against tlk's release.

dory had a ~42 3rd weekend and added 105 to it's cume which incidentally is 2.5 * 42.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

WTF is that Annabelle drop? It makes no sense, they're just using TP4's multiple to project the weekend for it.

Its Anthony. Need we say more. Horror movies always jump in the weekends it surprised him last week also where it kept going up from his pathetic number.

Edited by Davidwested
  • Sad 1

Problem with these hyped blockbusters are they are released so big that they run through audience quickly. So its hard for big movies to have great legs. Aladdin was tracking so soft that its release was lot smaller than usual. So it legged out once WOM was positive.

Best case scenario for Spidey is strong late legs like how Cap Marvel had. That is possible with August being very weak.

17 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Family movies usually have bigger Friday jumps? I’m impressed with TS4 and specially Aladdin

TS4 jump 48% to reach $ 11.5m

Aladdin jump 72% to reach $ 2.8m

Let’s hope they both maintain these great numbers

I looked back to 2013, and interestingly, Monsters University had a 38% jump from Thursday. That's obviously good, but stuff like World War Z and This Is The End held way better compared to their Thursday. Of course, Despicable Me 2 was on its first Friday, so that probably led to a more muted jump.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Best case scenario for Spidey is strong late legs like how Cap Marvel had. That is possible with August being very weak.

I feel like TLK will still be eating its way through August and there might not be room for Spidey. If anything I think Toy Story 4 will have a better chance of strong late legs becau of double features.

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

Spider-Man over/under $350m dom?

If it reaches the lower end of Deadline tracking, it could be O/U Spider-Man: Homecoming final gross.

Also, I just realised this thread is going to panic like on Tuesday all over again. Gonna be a long day.

Edited by lorddemaxus

56 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

2. Toy Story 4 (Dis) 4,540 theaters (-35), $11.5M Fri (-33%),  $32.2M FSS (-46%), Total: $304.4M/Wk. 3

4. Aladdin (Dis) 2,758 theaters (-477), $2.8M Fri (-7%),  $8.4M FSS (-17%), Total: $321.6M/Wk. 7

5. Annabelle Comes Home (NL/WB) 3,613 theaters, $2M Fri (-70%),  $6.1M FSS (-70%), Total: $46.5M/Wk. 2

TS4's locks 375 if that weekend holds.

Aladdin looking more and more like a 350+ grosser. Sub-20% drop for 8.4 and 28.4 away from 350.

Annabelle may do under-60 dom if it doesn't recover. This huge FSS drop despite not being a Wed opener and burning off demand before the ow.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

If it reaches the lower end of Deadline tracking, it could be O/U Spider-Man: Homecoming final gross.

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt with late legs.

Saw Midsommar this afternoon.  Pretty much liked all of it.  I don't think it needed to be 2.5 hours long and I think some of the decisions the characters make are questionable and more in tune with what Friday the 13th characters would do (like at one point I was expecting some of them to say "I'll be right back").  But other than those small complaints, it's a terrific horror movie.  It develops the characters and it allows you to get to know them to the point where you love or despise them so that when the messed up stuff does happen you empathize and feel for what they go through.  I didn't care for Hereditary, not because Ari Aster didn't do some good things in it but because the story and the plot and the ending especially, were just way too dumb for me.....Midsommar rectifies all of that.  I'd recommend this to everyone.  It's violent and brutal and I enjoyed all of it.  And FWIW, me and Tele both called the ending after the first trailer, which came out months ago.

8.5/10

• Like 4
  • Astonished 3

3 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I could argue that FFH is the first MCU film to be hurt rather than helped by its proximity to an Avengers film.

It would be doing less if it wasn't connected to Endgame...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

So this is performing 20-40% better than Homecoming in pretty much every international market (with worse ER no less) but it's looking like maybe 10% ahead DOM even with a holiday boost? Very odd

Spidey's always been a bigger foreign player