Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

My first cinema going experience of 2010 was a 127 Hours/King's Speech double bill. Can't remember which one I saw first.And apparently The Artist isn't coming to my cinema after all. Guess the first movie I see this year will be War Horse or something.

Edited by CoolioD1

^ That sucks. My stupid local arthouse theater has been playing the Descendants since November and are finally getting the Artist next week. They pushed it back to play melancholia for about 2 weeks (which I missed out on). I understand Payne is famous here, but my God, stop playing the movie once it goes wide!!

Edited by acsc1312

I used to think my Arthouse theatre was slow with getting movies, but hearing you guy's stories, and considering the pick up in the past year it's actually quite good, not including LA, and NY of course. I think we got The Artist the 2nd week it was out,, The Descendants opening week, Iron Lady, and A Seperation are both coming in the next week or 2, and TInker Tailor has been playing forever here. The only significant delay is We Need to Talk About Kevin which comes sometime in February or March.

Mission: Impossible 42:55 PMAbout 50% full. (Or was it 50% empty? ;))Trailers:Man on a Ledge: Boring.Ghost Rider 2: Looks meh.Wrath of the Titans: Looks better then the first. (I made a comment on how Worthington was just in a trailer!)This Means War: Actually looks pretty funny. Laughs.Titanic 3D: Nothing. Other then "You know, this was back when Leo was considered annoying" (which is true)GI Joe 2: Laughs at Bruce Willis like how there was at SH2, though someone behind me goes "How lame is this?"Movie: Really great. Loved the cinematagrophy. The BEST Mission Impossible by far. Cruise was really good, but Pegg stole the show. I loved how he was just a over optimistic person. Also had one of the best car chase sequences I've seen in a while.A

• Like 1

just came back from theatre and double featuremegaplex77pm/ IMMORTALSwe were maybe 15 people tops, but film was out for 2weeks previously as the 3D option of the theatre, film was ok i was not impressed , i did not pay attention to the trailers but i do remember seeing dragon tatoo one! immortals trailer was better than the film,had me thinking it was something you had to see on a big screen to get the full effect,but noooope..it was better than clash in all fairnessi had a ball recognizing actors like kellan(emmett cullen in twilight,think he had one line in entire film) then there was that guy who plays a villain on vampire diaries(the one who got his balls squashed OUCH!)the dude who played zeus ,where have i seen him before? yep def a lot of eye candy9.15pm MISSION IMPOSSIBLE:GHOST PROTOCOL85% full, it was new from the weekend so crowd still good, i missed the trailers due to as usual getting a pepsi, but i didnt miss the title sequence so yeahhhwell i'm going to have to go watch it again not only because i liked the film a lot i mean hellooo that entire dubai sequence was breathtaking but mainly because I WAS CURSE BY BLACKBERRYS:there were 2girls in front of me one with a blackberry right in my line of vision , then there were 2 guys who came in 10mn late and sat in front of those girls and both swang out their blackberrys and were furiously busy with it, and wouldnt you know 2 others guys a few rows further in front also swant out their BB too, this had me so distracted coz these people won't keep the phone in their lap nooooo it has to be up in the air close to their face so you got the screen that is quite bright plus the little light blinking green,blue or redi spent half the film annoying the heck out of those latino girls, i mention they're latinos coz i said aloud "why can't people leave their BB alone just for a while" they pretended not to hear me and started speaking spanish at which point i said "pero bueno mujer deja tu telefono apagado, hemos pagado por ver la pelicula en paz, es increible que falta de educacion" this got their attention, to add i got close to them and started watching the girl's phone and commenting gee so that's what people do on BB , ooh they have smileys(i was thinking you stop i'll stop) eventually she got the message and put it downso here i'm thinking yeahhh i won , but noo those other guys then popped out theirs, so here i am debating what to do ..i tried to focus on film but i'm kinda distracted so i say verrrry loudly COULD YOU PLEASE LOWER YOUR BLACKBERRYS PLEASE to which they complied for maybe 20mn but the call of the wild BB was too strong and out they were again intermittenlyit was a battle and i feel like i won but my viewing pleasure lost, think i'll watch it again near end of its run here on one of the smaller screen where seats are flat all the way up to screen ! the thing was this happen in one of the 2 screens at my theatre which have the stadium like rows, it was surreal having 6 BB in my line of vision , i was sitting in the 7TH row next to stepsi don't understand what's the point of paying a ticket to see a film if you're going to be watching your BB more than the screen,whyyy?sorry for long rant!

• Like 1

The DescendantsVestal AMC Lowes 9 Thursday Jan. 5th 3:30pm20 people (all older then 40 except for me and my friend)Trailers: (no reaction to all of them)Being FlynnExtremely Loud and Incredibly CloseGirl With Dragon Tattooand some other films cant rememberbefore I write this review, I want to say that this is the first time I been to this theater and I want to say that I loved it. It beats the crap out of my local theater. I traveled about an hour away for this movie. The theater was just renovated and they put in these awesome new recliner seats and It felt weird because I never been to a theater with those kind of seats. It felt like we all died and went to movie theater heaven. The only thing that could of made this trip better is if the screen was Imax. Only cost $4.50 for a ticket I think AMC has that kind of deal. Anyway......Review: I really loved this movie, I felt everybody did a great job and the script was really good. Acting from everybody top notch including from the little girls. The movie makes u laugh and a little teary eyed. I highly recommend this movie. A-

• Like 1

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Glorietta Cinema 3, Makati City, Philippines

Press Screening, January 5, 2012 8 pm

99% full (400 seater theater)

Trailers (and there were a lot as it has been also the opportunity for Warner Brothers Philippines to showcase the movies they're going to release and distribute here)

J. Edgar (silence)

We Bought a Zoo (some laughs)

The Descendants (I heard a couple of wows maybe because we didn't expect that Warner Brothers will release this movie here)

The Lucky One (some reaction from girls during Zac Efron's love scenes)

Darkest Hour (silence)

Journey 2 (silence)

Wrath of the Titans (silence)

Chronicle (lots of reaction because the movie was hard to figure out from the trailer, at first it looked like a comedy but boom it became freaky in the end)

The Dark Knight Rises (I heard some cheers)

Rock of Ages (best response from the crowd especially when Tom Cruise appeared)

Jack The Giant Killer (some surprised reaction from the crowd when they figured out that this is the Jack and the Beanstalk story)

The movie

It's very entertaining but a little too long, the middle drag a bit but the last part was good and the crowd responded really well to the ending. Jarred Harris did great as Moriarty. The audience loves RDJ and Jude Law, they laughed with all the jokes and banter

8 / 10

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Village Cinemas Southland, Melbourne

January 5, 2012 6 pm

200/450

Trailers:

The Hobbit, plenty of talk for this. Some cheering when Gollum came up :)

The Means War, everyone laughed with the jokes, looks pretty funny.

TDKR, also had lots of talk. No cheering this time :P

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;"><span style="color: #000000">A few best men, had more laughs then This Means War, should do fantastically over here down under Edited by Ball Lightning

That is a LOT of trailers. Not that I would mind. But I can't recall the last time I saw more than 5 or 6. (this is a response to Forg's post, not the post directly above mine).

Edited by rb02

The Devil Inside

AMC Orchard 12

Thursday 1-5-2012 9:00

Show was about 85% full

Trailers:

The Women In Black Some girls wooed when they saw Daniel Radcliffe in the Trailer.

Gone talking

Silent House Some Talk

Underworld Awakening Some Talk

Safe House (silence)

G.I. Joe Retaliation Some Groans

The Dictactor (Lots of Laughs)

The Movie

Didn't really like this movie at all. I could actually see some people checking their watch so I just assumed they were bored.The ending of this film really got a very bad reception. When I was heading out people were saying that the movie was horrible. Sorry to say Horror is not starting off on the right foot this year.

D+

Edited by SuperBatman

That is a LOT of trailers. Not that I would mind. But I can't recall the last time I saw more than 5 or 6. (this is a response to Forg's post, not the post directly above mine).

It's normal in the Philippines. We even have two different trailers for one film. At the cinema where I go, we have 20 minutes plus of trailers before the movie starts.

SHERLOCK HOLMES: A GAME OF SHADOWS9:30PM, Friday301 seats, 75% FullTrailersJ. Edgar - Good reaction, it will be a hit in PortugalMen in Black 3 - Some laughsUnderworld Awakening - This franchise was never big here, NRMovie: Fantastic. I think that it was as good as the first. The last part was intense and epic. The confrontation between Holmes and Moriarty is memorable. I hope they do another one. Robert Downey Jr is awesome as always. 9/10

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1