sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Spider-Man FFH $45.35M | Toy Story 4 $20.95M | CRAWL $12.01M | STUBER $8.23M | Yesterday $6.70M | Aladdin 6.17M

9 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

How has MrPink posted twice in this thread without being banned? Do the weekend threads need to be as disappointing as the weekend grosses nowadays?

early preview of @MrPink getting banned from next weekend's thread.

• Haha 8
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Hope Yesterday falls hard so Aladdin can stay in the top 5. Saw it yesterday (lol) and it's incredibly bland and dull that uses Beatles songs in an attempt to distract from what a pointless affair the whole thing is. Honestly don't know how it's even a Boyle film and how critics didn't outright pan it, except again I guess the Beatles songs distracted enough of them. 

20 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

It also has a great audience score. This would be our Word of Mouth Beast

to be frank 9.0 maoyan score on opening day is strictly good for a movie aimed at younger audiences but not great.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hope Yesterday falls hard so Aladdin can stay in the top 5. Saw it yesterday (lol) and it's incredibly bland and dull that uses Beatles songs in an attempt to distract from what a pointless affair the whole thing is. Honestly don't know how it's even a Boyle film and how critics didn't outright pan it, except again I guess the Beatles songs distracted enough of them. 

Yday is actually getting a 5.5% increase in theaters this week, an extra 141 theaters.

Aladdin has a 7.3% decrease in theaters this week, losing 201 theaters.

I expect Yday to hold well. Probably 6M+. 

Yday will actually be in more theaters than Aladdin this weekend.

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-forecast-it-chapter-two/

It: Chapter Two: 110-150 range. 136/305

OUATIH: 48/158.5 (-4%)

Hobbs & Shaw: 94/230  (-6%)

That's a realistic number, but I feel like boxofficepro is almost phoning it in these days.

They made minor downward adjustments to both OUaTiH and H&S, but other sites are giving much lower numbers to them.

they have changed TLK since they put it on their site.

Deadline mentioned that OuaTiH went on tracking at 25-30 and H&S at 55-65.

Edited by RamblinRed

Hobbs will do $65-$75 million opening weekend with $185-$195 million domestic total. And that’s with the benefit of late summer legs.

As for the weekend, I should have changed my box office projections on Stuber and Crawl.

Crawl’s  preview number is great for its type of film, also word of mouth should hopefully pull people in. Probably a debut close to or around $15 million would be solid! 

Stuber is probably going to be another Fox misfire. It’s preview number isn’t that good. I may have been too generous last weekend on it saying it will do $16 million. This should probably debut in the high single digits to $10 million. 

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Following Box Office is so depressive these days. Feels that everything is underperforming lately.

I don't know. We had Aladdin and Rocketman. TS4 is actually doing great. FFH's performance is fantastic so far. Yesterday also opened higher than expected. Doesn't sound that depressive to me.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Following Box Office is so depressive these days. Feels that everything is underperforming lately.

Now if you’re talking about just this summer alone yes it kinda has been. Lack of breakouts of smaller films. However, as above mentioned, Yesterday and Rocketman have both turned in a decent amount of cash already. I think Hobbs & Shaw and Hollywood should both pull in a decent amount of cash for the end of the summer as well! 

https://deadline.com/2019/07/spider-man-far-from-home-crawl-stuber-weekend-box-office-1202645451/

Deadline being Deadline as is the case most weekends. No way FFH makes only 40M. Try 47-50M.

2nd Update, Friday Midday: In the wake of Sony’s Spider-Man: Far From Homeand heading into the colossal Lion King, counterprogramming remains the freshest stuff on the marquee, but it’s not king. Paramount’s Sam Raimi-alligator production Crawl is seeing $4.5M-$5M today (including $1M from last night) for a 3rd place start between $11M-$12M at 3,170 locations.

crawl.jpg?w=296&h=166&crop=1
Paramount

Disney/Fox’s R-rated action comedy Stuber with $3M-$3.5M today and $7.5M-$9M for the weekend at 3,050 is far worse in 4th place. Far From Home, as expected, has No. 1 in its web with around $40M, -56% for a running total of $269.2M by Sunday at 4,634 theaters.

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1