TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I don't understand you people. Should Marvel Movies be an event forever?. Do you think the masses will go to watch this saga like the biggest think in pop culture for another 20 years?.  What can stay at the top of pop culture for more than 10 years?. The Biggest think in music in 1955 was elvis, in 1965  the beatles, in 1975  Elton John, in 1985 Michael Jackson,

Marvel cinematic universe got its peak from 2012 to 2019. That's all.  If they still make 700-750M with every movie is still good. Our queen Elton can still outsold stadiums and that's enough.

IDK. Pixar had like at the very least 23.5 years of consistent box office success (1995-2019). I guess people wanted the same for Marvel. Success until 2031.

Difference is the Pixar movies aren't in one universe unless you're batshit and find the right youtube video to explain the Pixar Theory.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Actually......pretty good perspective, not gonna lie.

The difference is, though, is creating a billion dollar franchise to replace it in today's streaming world isn't as simple as finding the next hot musical act.

I mean...don't think it will be that hard. We probably only have to wait a few months in fact.

e8607f5f9678b86eaa15a8e90b2db937a592fd80

• Like 3

Just now, Eric the Minion said:

I mean...don't think it will be that hard. We probably only have to wait a few months in fact.

e8607f5f9678b86eaa15a8e90b2db937a592fd80

That's such a beautiful gif.

If Marvel hype dies down and it does average numbers at the BO from now on, it's bad news for theaters. I really can't see what can consinstely make  the huge numbers of Marvel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I mean we joke but it's starting to get eerie. Plus Feige got tapped for SW and now Phase 4 as a whole is getting mixed reception.

Almost  put him in at the end, but JWD was big enough of a relative miss critic expectation wise that I felt Trevorrow needed to be on the list. 

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I know the real reason for the reviews, folks...

6lund6.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Also D&D from Game of Thrones

Please Lucasfilm, stop announcing new directors before you get an actual script mm'kay?

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

IDK. Pixar had like at the very least 23.5 years of consistent box office success (1995-2019). I guess people wanted the same for Marvel. Success until 2031.

Difference is the Pixar movies aren't in one universe unless you're batshit and find the right youtube video to explain the Pixar Theory.

Being successfull and being the biggest thing in pop culture is not  the same thing and it was the point of my post. Elton John is still successfull, of course are not 40 years you heard every new song of every new album by him in heavy rotation on every radio. 

It's not like every pixar movie was a cultural event, in fact every few of them. Just it was a brand with a loyal audience. And that's what Marvel still is. 

Edited by vale9001

IMO, problem Marvel is facing is damn D+. Disney is pushing Marvel to create content for D+ so they are ramping up production that is now not about stories that need to be told but "we need yearly quota, produce whatever". In such environment, any character that gets some fandom traction like memes, gets a show or a movie. Agatha, Echo, Captain Carter, whats-his-face-Skrull-from-CM are just a few that got projects just because they generated some minor chatter or whatever other reason. Like, who asked for these? You can't expect top notch quality out of assembly line production. But here we are. That's the reality. Marvel has to feed D+ and considering how slow LFL is with getting SW content off the ground, Marvel will have to be the breadwinner for D+ for years to come. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Almost  put him in at the end, but JWD was big enough of a relative miss critic expectation wise that I felt Trevorrow needed to be on the list. 

*after a second thought*

Besides, Feige is only producing that film, so somewhat shielded from the curse.

*another pause*

Scriptwriter Michael Waldron, on the other hand…:ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Astonished 1

People here are saying that the franchise feels purposeless because it's building up to nothing right now, but I think it feels purposeless because of the opposite. They are building up to too many things. There are way too many ongoing threads that it's impossible to make sense of any of it.

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

IMO, problem Marvel is facing is damn D+. Disney is pushing Marvel to create content for D+ so they are ramping up production that is now not about stories that need to be told but "we need yearly quota, produce whatever". In such environment, any character that gets some fandom traction like memes, gets a show or a movie. Agatha, Echo, Captain Carter, whats-his-face-Skrull-from-CM are just a few that got projects just because they generated some minor chatter or whatever other reason. Like, who asked for these? You can't expect top notch quality out of assembly line production. But here we are. That's the reality. Marvel has to feed D+ and considering how slow LFL is with getting SW content off the ground, Marvel will have to be the breadwinner for D+ for years to come. 

The announcement of a Groot show is the ultimate facepalm moment 

55 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Marketing for this has just been weird in general. Not only was the trailer mega late but it really didn't lean into being a Guardians team up, didn't lean into any epic threat with Bale's character like they did with Blanchett (even though Bale is a mega star), didn't exploit an apparent angle with Jane that could have moved numbers (no spoilers but you know what I'm talking about). It's pretty much just...."here's another Thor movie!"

To be honest it’s part of the downside of doing 9-10 media a year mainly because you can’t do normal campaigns in fear of outshining other projects.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Ah yes, it was announced few days ago or something. :wacko:

I'm pretty sure one of Loki variants is getting a show too. :stop:

Kevin Feige is like

You will get a show, you will get a show, hey you in the back - time to get ready for your show, that one random character in that movie we don't even remember is going to get a show, that little guy hiding behind the tall guy will get a show, and let's give a show to the tall guy too.

3 minutes ago, Coneilg93 said:

Well, I didn’t have The Batman as the highest rated review comic book movie of the year on my 2022 bingo card. Still got Black Adam , Black Panther and Shazam to come though. 

#Yawn, #TotalMystery and #Meh, as far as I'm concerned...  but we'll see...

Edited by Macleod