Eric the Ape

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

18 minutes ago, UserHN said:

The Silmarilion please. It would be so epic.

Holy crap.

You could split that easily into 40 movies and I think most passages would be fairly interesting on its own if you flesh them out a little bit.

I personally liked the Simarillion (even more than LotR :P ), I would watch every movie about it.

Edited by Inuyaki
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

I love BP. I mean it has all the elements you just listed that were great about TDKR except action (which I don't think TDKR has great action either). 

BP felt way too unoriginal for me, IMO. It felt like LION KING all over again

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Wait until you hear what's out in theaters this weekend

Don't just tease us... what is it?

I loved TLK as a kid, so if there is something similar, tell me :)

• Haha 1

BATB and I2 both had previews accounted for 25-26% of OD. We should see 25-27% for TLK i guess. That means an OD of 85-92M, meaning pure Friday of 62-69M.

I2 jumped only 11% on Sat from pure Fri in June. We're in July now so i won't expect anything more than that, preferably even lower, 9-10%. That means 68-76M Sat. 

Sunday drop will be good thanks to spillover, around 15%. That means 58-65M.

OW ranging 211-233M.

Can't really see anything outside of that. If i had to pick: 90/73/62 for 225M.

• Like 1

As for the next $200M+ OW grossers, I think Frozen 2 has a shot and maybe TROS, but in the future, here are probabilities:

90% 5vengers

75% The Little Mermaid (if not on Memorial Day weekend and actually adds something)

60% Black Panther 2

35% The Little Mermaid (if on MDay)

20% WW1984

15% Avatar 2

10% Jurassic World 3

Note: A live action Crisis on Multiple Earth with DCEU cast, Phoenix Joker, Reeves Superman, Keaton Batman, Bale Batman and a few surprises, could come close the record imho.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

As for the next $200M+ OW grossers, I think Frozen 2 has a shot and maybe TROS, but in the future, here are probabilities:

90% 5vengers

75% The Little Mermaid (if not on Memorial Day weekend and actually adds something)

60% Black Panther 2

35% The Little Mermaid (if on MDay)

20% WW1984

15% Avatar 2

10% Jurassic World 3

Note: A live action Crisis on Multiple Earth with DCEU cast, Phoenix Joker, Reeves Superman, Keaton Batman, Bale Batman and a few surprises, could take the record imho.

If that movie was made the right way and with the right buildup (Crisis)? Nostalgia as well? That would be an interesting opening weekend. I don't know if it breaks the record but it could approach 275-300 million definitely. Reeves Superman tho? What would that be CGI? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Note: A live action Crisis on Multiple Earth with DCEU cast, Phoenix Joker, Reeves Superman, Keaton Batman, Bale Batman and a few surprises, could come close the record imho.

I know Disney brought Peter Cushing back to life with CGI... but just because you can, does it mean that you should?

• Like 3