Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

Enters thread, reads Charlie's very very early numbers... don't get too excited... don't get too excited... OH MY GOD THAT IS HUGE!

No but seriously, even if it's 10 million short of Charlie's early estimates that's still EXTREMELY good, not that I had any doubts about The Lion King, but you know, one can at times have his faith... let's say tested.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Where do they go after The Little Mermaid?

Current plan rumor is The Sword in the Stone, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Tink, Rose Red, Prince Charming, Hunchback and if it is still going on Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin prequel with the Genie

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/film/2019-07-18/disney-live-action-upcoming-movies/

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Both set in Africa. Father is killed and the son is a reluctant heir to the throne. Family member wants to usurp power and conquer new lands. Etc etc 

Most of that stuff is a feature of many stories involving royals. I mean we could call Thor Ragnarok a lion King movie too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

What's coming

Maleficent 2

Mulan (gimme 2b if China likes it)

Mermaid

Cruella

Peter Pan

Tink

The sword in the Stone

Pinocchio

Rose Red (Snow White)

Lots of others in development. I'd expect to see 2 dozen in the next 20 years

• Like 1

If you think The Lion King and BP are similar, I have some interesting news for you about the stories of Joseph and Moses from the Bible, and a couple of Shakespeare's works.  These are all major tropes repeated in many stories over thousands of years. They are just done well here and told in interesting ways, but it isn't like it's a new story. 

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Current plan rumor is The Sword in the Stone, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Tink, Rose Red, Prince Charming, Hunchback and if it is still going on Lilo & Stitch, Aladdin prequel with the Genie

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/film/2019-07-18/disney-live-action-upcoming-movies/

yeesh.

No Sleeping Beauty?

Aren't some of those streaming only?

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Anyone want to rank The Lion King movies?

1. The Lion King - A

2. Black Panther - A

3. Hamlet (1996) - A-

4. Kimba the White Lion - B

5. The Lion King 1/2 - B

6. The Lion King 2 - B-

7. The Lion King (2019) - D+

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

They do what they're doing later this year... direct sequels to these remakes. 

If they wanted to, they could sneak a legitimate cinematic remake universe into existence. First they start with Maleficent sequel, then they do a Beauty and the Beast part 2, then they make Nala: The Lion Queen starring Beyonce, so on and so forth, etc. etc.... and then start the crossovers between the universes.... and then. THEN.

Kingdom Hearts: The Movie. 

• Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

What's coming

Maleficent 2

Mulan (gimme 2b if China likes it)

Mermaid

Cruella

Peter Pan

Tink

The sword in the Stone

Pinocchio

Rose Red (Snow White)

Lots of others in development. I'd expect to see 2 dozen in the next 20 years

man really?

Also 2B is impossible for Mulan, even if China buys a lot of tickets.

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Why is everyone acting surprised. This was something that was expected and should have done. Tracking numbers were bs. Never thought it will go below 190mn.

while i think that it could be below 190, it was more of a classic bot overreaction bc of critic reviews