eddyxx

Fantastic Four | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Sue was an afterthought or dumb eye candy in the previous film iterations. I don't mind her being the lead. That sounds like a good idea in my opinion. Using a female version of The Silver Suffer instead of the more popular male version seems a bit pointless to me. I'm meh on the idea. If they want another prominent female role then just use a female character from the Marvel comics. 

Using a female silver surfer is just begging for MSheU videos at this point.

4 hours ago, Barnack said:

Casting a white actor (Pedro Pascal) could also played a role here.

Probably just a case of it not being confirmed yet as I don't think the usual suspects would consider him to be white.

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I'm grateful to Game of Thrones for increasing his profile so much. He was perfect as Oberyn. Now will be 4th GOT actor in the MCU if he gets the Reed role.

There have been many more actors in the MCU than 3 previously. Peter Dinklage in Infinity War, the Stark bros in Eternals, Emilia Clarke in Secret Invasion, the Lysa Arryn actress in Loki Season 2. I'm not counting appearances by folks who were in the MCU before they joined GOT like Natalie Dormer.

Btw, Lena Headey was apparently playing Hera in Love and Thunder but her parts got cut.

3 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

Sorry to tell you buddy, it absolutely is a female Silver Surfer. And Sue being the lead? Sounds good to me. This is the fourth live action iteration of these characters, it's okay to mix things up. Anyone with more than one brain cell and the ability to touch grass will not care either way. The GA only cares about a movie being good and/or entertaining, they're not sitting in their movie seats with an abacus counting out the male to female screen time ratio. 

We really don't need this wOkE/ewww girls energy here. It's dumb.

Sorry but in the comics Nova is a female silver surfer. Norin Radd is the the name of the male silver surfer and Frankie raye is the name of the female silver surfer. If that is what they are going for then it will bomb spectacularly. You can save this post and we will talk in 2025/2026 whenever this releases.

4 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Wait hold up, I’m reading that Jeff Sneider is saying Christopher Abbott was up for Reed prior to the strike? That’s an awesome choice! How’d that not happen?

Apparently screen test didn't go well. Marvel is run by stupid fucks nowadays, so I won't be shocked if they were just looking for a big name without screen test to get some limelight on the project. The other three actors are not that well known. 

Pascal’s a boring choice but I find myself agreeing that ‘boring’ is ok for marvel right now. From what I’m seeing on Reddit no-one seems particularly excited by him but they’re not outraged either, so job done. This isn’t the time for risks. 

Edited by Hatebox

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Apparently screen test didn't go well. Marvel is run by stupid fucks nowadays, so I won't be shocked if they were just looking for a big name without screen test to get some limelight on the project. The other three actors are not that well known. 

Abbot would have been a risk. He has way too many potential skeletons in a closet PR wise. No one really came for him because he as yet to be in something huge, so being in a Marvel movie would have definitely be the occasion for that scandalous THR expose.

it’s nothing inherently bad or illegal but let’s just say,  these days, being a playboy and sleeping around as a public figure can be very risky.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barnack said:

Casting a white actor (Pedro Pascal) could also played a role here.

Yeah. I always find weird the idea of Pedro Pascal not being white because he is latino.

In Latino America countries, Pedro Pascal would definitely considered white.

12 hours ago, DInky said:

reedsueages4.jpg

Reed and Sue meet when Reed is a college freshman and Sue is 12.

Well, Reed was a college freshman and he was a genius, so he could be 17. Then, the age difference wouldn't be big when both are adults

I've understood Sue and Reed met for first time at that point, but they don't mantain contact after that. They meet again when both are adults.

EDIT: Although it seems that first meeting and age difference have been retconned.

Edited by Kon

8 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Sue was an afterthought or dumb eye candy in the previous film iterations. I don't mind her being the lead. That sounds like a good idea in my opinion. Using a female version of The Silver Suffer instead of the more popular male version seems a bit pointless to me. I'm meh on the idea. If they want another prominent female role then just use a female character from the Marvel comics. 

If they want a female herald - Nova/Franke Raye, who's already connected to the F4 team, would be the obvious choice.

23 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't see how "casting a popular talented actor who people really like" is being taken as a strike against the movie

Yup. I see this casting as probably the best sign for Marvel. I think they recognize that they need a likeable star at the centre of it, and I've never heard anyone say that they dislike Pedro Pascal. 

He likely isn't cheap given his current star power, so if you are a Marvel fan, you can at least feel that the current troubles doesn't have Disney trying to minimize their investment.

My inner child really hopes that Terrax will be maybe one of the heralds in this movie. I loved him as a young boy reading the comics and Galactus has always been one of my favorites. Could work with him and Nova serving Big G IMO..

I just hope that they save Doom and build him up for the 3rd movie or even the next big bad in Avengers