RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

9 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Looks cheap but interesting trailer and the premise is actually looks intriguing. But it's Sony.

Though this didn't pump or create excitement but at the very least I'm intrigued . Way better than a typical generic trailer.

It is an interesting premise indeed. But the whole thing is cheapened out by the fact the trailer is near 100% exposition true awful narration. 

• Like 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

Having the guy jumping about who kind of looks like Spider Man might help a little too

Maybe but the way the costume is designed, plus how it's lit, makes all the spider themed stuff almost impossible to see. In most shots he looks like the Far From Home black suit.

I'm also pretty sure the Spider-Women suits are only in scenes from the future (which, had I seen images of them outside the trailer, I would have assumed to be AI generated) and not the rest of the movie.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't see how the hell they can, it's a movie about fucking time travel. And since Simms motivation is literally directly tied to Spider-Man it'll be really hard to avoid. I also don't see why Sony would avoid it when...the Sony films have had incredible success with the Multiverse Spider-People concept 

Also Simms costume...is ugly? I guess they didn't want the red highlighted too much to distract from miles but at a glance you might not even notice it's supposed to look like Spider-Man. (Especially that shot in the diner)

I just mean their hiding it in the trailer.

Doesn’t seem to be getting a bad reaction, using the Discussing Film tweet as an example. I thought this film would’ve been an easy target. 

All of the tweets say “coming soon” btw instead of the date, so is it on the move? 

Edited by Krissykins

3 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

I just mean their hiding it in the trailer.

They really aren't though, the time travel aspect and him being from the future and everyone being a Spider-Person is all featured. Simms design alone indicates that, when it's visible anyways. But the question is if your villain is literally dressed in a damn Spider-Man outfit why hide the actual Spider-Man stuff?

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Doesn’t seem to be getting a bad reaction, using the Discussing Film tweet as an example. I thought this film would’ve been an easy target. 

All of the tweets say “coming soon” btw instead of the date, so is it on the move? 

The international trailer says February 14 in the title so it's staying (for now).