Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

11 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It kind of is.  In 2010 at my first theater, it was 100% digital.  It was still kind early, so there wasn't a 'library' server set up at that location yet.  But basically, you got a hard drive in a pelican case, slapped it into the projector and select the movie and trailers you want and it transfers it to that projector and you make a playlist and boom, you're done.

Later on, we got 'library' servers where you ingested all the movies into a main server that talked to all the projectors so you then just send everything to the right projector and that's it.  

If something was wrong with a hard drive, you would call the company and have another one later that day or the next day.  If it was desperate, they'd call around to nearby theaters and you could just drive to another location, even another chain and borrow theirs.

I think is might be possible to get it done in a couple of days, but I think they like the margin of a few extra days...and it is just bad business practice to push it to the last minute if you don't have to.

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I know they’re still working on the VFX so any budget we’ve heard of has since increased, but what’s the most recently (reliably sourced) reported budget for this? 

They’re still working on the VFX? I thought they were all finished with post-production, hence why it has an MPAA rating and an official runtime? 

Edit: Ah, I see now. That seems crazy to me, but I’m not an expert on post-production.

Edited by WittyUsername

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

NGL a movie where Peter is being hunted by Kraven after FFH would have been awesome

I would’ve preferred them doing that instead of a multiverse story. I’m still eager to hear the story on how and when this came to be a multiverse movie. 

1 minute ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

Omicron symptoms aren't severe

So far as we know. Danger is it could mutate very fast.

That is the problem. It constantly mutates, and could mutate into something deadlier. 

The longer is continues to spread, the greater the danger of a deadly variant coming along.

No one likes to hear this, but if anything the whole Covid has shown the ignoring facts because we don't like them has bad consequences.

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And speaking of comebacks fro  mthe Raimi films. looks as if Kristen Dunst is an almost sure bet to get a Oscar Nomination for "Power of the Dog" as is her costar in that film...Benedict Cumbernatch.

Really? Loved the movie but I didn't think her performance was particularly great (though it was good). But I don't pay attention to the awards buzz, guess others liked it more. 

Edited by Menor

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

So far as we know. Danger is it could mutate very fast.

That is the problem. It constantly mutates, and could mutate into something deadlier. 

The longer is continues to spread, the greater the danger of a deadly variant coming along.

No one likes to hear this, but if anything the whole Covid has shown the ignoring facts because we don't like them has bad consequences.

I assure you you will not see the us return to such measures

9 minutes ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

I assure you you will not see the us return to such measures

Probalby not, but that could backfire.

And this would not have been a problem if we did not have a total idiot in charge of the US Government when Covid broke out in 2020.

9 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I would’ve preferred them doing that instead of a multiverse story. I’m still eager to hear the story on how and when this came to be a multiverse movie. 

That story is 3 words- INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE

3 hours ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

Cancel 'No Way Home' and make this happen!

:ohmygod:

The first NWH trailer had a reference to this plot line where MJ teases Peter about male spiders having pheromone powers over their female counterparts. Apparently Leo's Spidey had pheromone powers to help him seduce Mary Jane before the skyline sex scene. 

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

No fan of Boris, but what is the alternative let the Covid go hog wild?

I suspect any PM would do the same in this situation. A failure to come down hard early is what got us into this mess.

I'm not anti-restrictions. With him it's all the other stuff. And the other stuff will make people more anti-restrictions. His bullshit will cost lives.

Anyway, on topic - I don't get the impression cinema-going will be massively curtailed in the UK this month. Things could be worse by January but if you really want to see this film nothing much has changed.

Edited by Hatebox

People should live their lives and restrictions should be minimal and if serious restrictions need to happen, let it be for the unvaccinated folk. Sick and tired of things always being worse than what they should be because of them.

Selfish twats.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

They’re still working on the VFX? I thought they were all finished with post-production, hence why it has an MPAA rating and an official runtime? 

Edit: Ah, I see now. That seems crazy to me, but I’m not an expert on post-production.

Yeh, I also doubt it happens “a lot”, thats over the top. Maybe it does and we just don’t hear about it, but it sounds like a fleeting comment. 

24 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, I also doubt it happens “a lot”, thats over the top. Maybe it does and we just don’t hear about it, but it sounds like a fleeting comment. 

It actually does happen a lot. Technology allows movies to be worked on until the last minute.

It's kind of like video games today but not as bad.

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

It actually does happen a lot. Technology allows movies to be worked on until the last minute.

It's kind of like video games today but not as bad.

I only said that because I couldn’t find any proof or reliable sources of it happening “a lot”.