Eric is Anxious

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

4 hours ago, RRA said:

I had the impression Sony wanted to do the multiverse gimmick for SM3 because that's a way to have an easy mega hit ("live-action Into the Spider-Verse!" feels like the sort of idea an overpaid executive would conjure up) and King Kevin went along because (1) he likes counting money too, especially since Disney's renegotiated SM deal gave them a significant cut on this and (2) King Kevin wants to keep playing with Spidey and if that means pacifying Sony here and there, he'll do it. 

If they can make it all creatively satisfying after the fact that's cool, but this is all really why they did it. 

Sony has wanted a sinister 6 movie for like 10 years.  I wouldn’t be surprised if a spin off is announced after this releases.

9 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Funny enough even with all the opportunities this movie had to create sinister 6, it seems they won't do sinister 6 this time either, in the international trailer Dr Octopus is attacked by Electro so he is most likely going to change sides.

I don't think there are sinister 6 in the first place. I have noticed only 5 in trailers unless they are hiding someone. More like Sinister 5.

7 hours ago, Menor said:

I don't think Feige decides based on some online fans when both of the previous films were well-received by general audiences. More likely they decided that Spidey would be a good way to introduce the multiverse to a wider audience.

Unclear on your interpretation, here.  I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about STORY and CHARACTERS.  They still could have introduced the concept with unique characters.  

7 hours ago, RRA said:

I had the impression Sony wanted to do the multiverse gimmick for SM3 because that's a way to have an easy mega hit ("live-action Into the Spider-Verse!" feels like the sort of idea an overpaid executive would conjure up) and King Kevin went along because (1) he likes counting money too, especially since Disney's renegotiated SM deal gave them a significant cut on this and (2) King Kevin wants to keep playing with Spidey and if that means pacifying Sony here and there, he'll do it. 

If they can make it all creatively satisfying after the fact that's cool, but this is all really why they did it. 

So he's selling out.  Is that really the reason?  Makes me respect him less.  

5 hours ago, CJohn said:

It would be foolish to try and do new interpretations Norman Osborn (as the Green Goblin) or Doc Ock again. 

They are way too iconic and everyone considers Molina and Dafoe perfect in the roles. Just do new villains. Maybe in 20-30 years they can try again.

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m dying to hear some trade reports about how the concept for this movie came to be. 

All of this equates to one problem:  STORY.  If SONY/MARVEL were really 100% confident in their newly established Spidey-universe -- they would have continued to develop new/unused villains -- rather than rehash old ones.  

4 hours ago, Fox20 said:

Funny enough even with all the opportunities this movie had to create sinister 6, it seems they won't do sinister 6 this time either, in the international trailer Dr Octopus is attacked by Electro so he is most likely going to change sides.

It’s obvious from the trailer that Doc Ock changes sides, which makes sense considering he essentially changes sides and sees the error of his ways at the end of SM2.

8 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

A precipitous drop from the first trailer. Hmm, perhaps I need to take 10-15% off my opening weekend prediction...

Nah its very good considering the fact that they really didnt show anything,you can bet that if this trailer had you know who ,you would see over 300 mill views easy

1 hour ago, RRA said:

More and more, this feels like it'll be MCU's Force Awakens. 

The idea of having a Force Awakens after 26 movies including 3 OW record breakers is pretty funny.    

But yes, I kind of agree.    

We’d better be careful about who gets to direct Spider-man: The Last Home 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

We’d better be careful about who gets to direct Spider-man: The Last Home 👀

You mean to say The Last Home will be best Spider-Man movie ever?

Also remembering @Porthos's quote something something No matter what thread, TLJ will find its way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

You mean to say The Last Home will be best Spider-Man movie ever?

We’ve gotta wait for Spider-verse: Revenge of the Home.   

In the post-credits they revel that Windu was a skrull for the whole movie :o 

• Haha 1

So, On Weibo - #蜘蛛侠英雄无归新预告 and #蜘蛛侠女友又掉下去了 have been viewed more than 300M times combined. Whatever those two hashtag means, they are related to newest trailer - i have been told. Is that normal view count on Weibo or Its super hype? How does it bode for Its Box Office in China, if it gets released within 1st or 2nd week of release date?

• Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, anti-Pedantic said:

So, On Weibo - #蜘蛛侠英雄无归新预告 and #蜘蛛侠女友又掉下去了 have been viewed more than 300M times combined. Whatever those two hashtag means, they are related to newest trailer - i have been told. Is that normal view count on Weibo or Its super hype? How does it bode for Its Box Office in China, if it gets released within 1st or 2nd week of release date?

first means Spider Man No Way Home new trailer

second means Spider Man's girlfriend fall off again

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13