sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Estimates - Jokah 55, Addams 30.3, Gemini 20.5, Abominable 6.2, Downton 4.9 | Parasite generates 125.4K PTA (highest since La La Land)

I would rather not have a sequel to Joker, but if they have to do one, I would like something set in Arkham, like he's about to be lobotomized or something and then he incites the other inmates to riot, something similar to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, maybe some Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal stuff. Then they could have a few other Batman villains in there as well. It could be a deeper dive on his psyche now that he has lost it entirely.

JizEJ5z.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I'm curious how they'd go about with those two objectives in mind - a sequel, but no Batman. I truly think Joker needs Batman to play off of, for maximum effect, a la TDK. An origin story can work, as a character study, with the descent/evolution into that character. But once he's the Joker, what story do you tell without Batman? Replace Batman with the police? I just don't think it would be as effective. But I would definitely be curious to see what they pull off, don't get me wrong...

I agree.

I would love to see them throw a ton of money at Phoenix and  for him be the main villain of the third movie in the reeves trilogy I just don’t see that happening. He seems to want to work with Phillips. I’m not sure where they go next but I am sure I’ll be there opening weekend to see it if it does happen. 

1 minute ago, TheUndertaker said:

I would rather not have a sequel to Joker, but if they have to do one, I would like something set in Arkham, like he's about to be lobotomized or something and then he incites the other inmates to riot, something similar to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, maybe some Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal stuff. Then they could have a few other Batman villains in there as well. It could be a deeper dive on his psyche now that he has lost it entirely.

Oh, boy...if nothing else, I would be there for the hot takes.

6 minutes ago, TheUndertaker said:

Not a bad idea, that'd give Phillips the opportunity to rip off Shutter Island

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Not a bad idea, that'd give Phillips the opportunity to rip off Shutter Island

I’d say his Hulk Hogan film is gonna be his Raging Bull riff, but idk if Hemsworth is anywhere close to that era De Niro

11 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Replace Batman with the police?

Among other things, yes.

Model it after something like Mann's Manhunter. Don't need Bats. Need compelling criminal profilers, cops, psychiatrist, journalists, etc. Probably a better movie that way cause they wouldn't have to work from the usual checklist we've seen four or five times already.

Could go in a very compelling directions sans Batsy. Could go anywhere really.

13 minutes ago, TheUndertaker said:

JizEJ5z.jpg

Definitely a great idea and they could even introduce Dr. Harleen Quinzel.

Hell I was thinking the other day how Sophie in Joker was wearing a necklace with the letter S on it.Obviously it's the initial letter of her name but how cool would  it be if the S had a double meaning and also stood for her daughter's name...Selina.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

stay mad

The Goldfinch  was killed by critics, while they hyped up the Ad Astra bore. But the public has spoken....the Ad Astra legs are awful. People are rightfully rejecting it. It's a silly bore

• Knock It Off 3

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Among other things, yes.

Model it after something like Mann's Manhunter. Don't need Bats. Need compelling criminal profilers, cops, psychiatrist, journalists, etc. Probably a better movie that way cause they wouldn't have to work from the usual checklist we've seen four or five times already.

Could go in a very compelling directions sans Batsy. Could go anywhere really.

You could also use other characters from the comics without Batman. Gordon, Harvey Bollock, Vicki Vale, etc.

Good lord at GM's prod budget

It’s looking extremely grim for Paramount/Skydance Media’s $138M (some say the pic was sent around in finance submission packets with a budget of $158M) 

Good/great legs of 3-3.5x will give it 60-70 dom which is disastrous compared to the prod budget.

• Astonished 1

Just now, a2k said:

Good lord at GM's prod budget

Good/great legs of 3-3.5x will give it 60-70 dom which is disastrous compared to the prod budget.

i don't buy that budget. while i have not seen the movie, it looks so dated. maybe half the budget makes more sense.

1 minute ago, Alli said:

The Goldfinch  was killed by critics, while they hyped up the Ad Astra bore. But the public has spoken....the Ad Astra legs are awful. People are rightfully rejecting it. It's a silly bore

The Goldfinch hasn't even made twice its opening weekend yet and you're bitching about Ad Astra's bad legs.