TMP

THE NORTHMAN | April 22, 2022 | Robert Eggers Joint | Alexander Skarsgard

They delayed the movie here to May 12, right after DS2, ffs 

Why is so hard to at least give a shot for movies outside of big franchises? 

X didn't release here, EEAOO doesn't have a date here, The Northman despite being from a big studio keeps getting delayed to even worse dates. It would be so nice to have a chance to see this movies on a theaters like everyone else, but it seems i can only pay to watch Kevin Feige productions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Probably the fact that, uh, those weren’t Viking movies 

I don't think the audience for viking movies is any bigger then the audience for historical films as a whole.

I got the feeling this is going to end up getting a limited "art house" release.

And I don't ;like that at all.

46 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

They delayed the movie here to May 12, right after DS2, ffs 

Why is so hard to at least give a shot for movies outside of big franchises? 

X didn't release here, EEAOO doesn't have a date here, The Northman despite being from a big studio keeps getting delayed to even worse dates. It would be so nice to have a chance to see this movies on a theaters like everyone else, but it seems i can only pay to watch Kevin Feige productions.

I repeat, I think this is not going to get a really wide release in the US.

ANd anybody who thnks this was ever going to compete with DS2 is living in another reality.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I don't think the audience for viking movies is any bigger then the audience for historical films as a whole.

I got the feeling this is going to end up getting a limited "art house" release.

No it's not. It's a fucking $90m budget movie. It's getting a wide release

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I repeat, I think this is not going to get a really wide release in the US.

ANd anybody who thnks this was ever going to compete with DS2 is living in another reality.

It's because of Warner. 

Here in Brazil Warner and Universal have a partnership to distribute movies and avoid direct competition, but it's Warner who decides dates. 

They delayed The Northman basically to give Fantastic Beasts 3 weeks dominating the screens before DS2, and The Northman is getting dumped to face Marvel.

It's trully revolting.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:37 PM, dudalb said:

Uh.... what?  Universal/Focus is taking every single theater on this that they can get.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Uh.... what?  Universal/Focus is taking every single theater on this that they can get.  

I saw you say you loved it, but what do you think of its commercial prospects? One critic (Chris Evangelista) said audiences will hate it, but I don't take his opinion seriously 

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I saw you say you loved it, but what do you think of its commercial prospects? One critic (Chris Evangelista) said audiences will hate it, but I don't take his opinion seriously 

I think most will love it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

reviews are good but not as gushing in their praise as I had hoped 

The reviews are very similar to The Witch and The Lighthouse tho

It should end below both but just for a tiny difference 

On RT The Witch have an 7.9 average, The Northman have an 8.0 and The Northman should finish with 7.7-7.8

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

You think most will love everything.

Lol.  Still salty that you don't have a clue about the release pattern for this film or any clue about the industry in general?  

You could listen a bit more, it might help.  

• Like 1