TMP

THE NORTHMAN | April 22, 2022 | Robert Eggers Joint | Alexander Skarsgard

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I didnt say that i dont like older histotical epics? I was referring to the short period in the 2000s where these types of movies were (again) very popular. For reference, Lawrence of Arabia and Ben Hur (59) are some of my favourite older movies.

I apologize, but sad fact is you do have people here who have seldom seen a movie made before 1980, except for maybe Star Wars.

and what is sadder is some brag about it like it's somethng to be proud of.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I apologize, but sad fact is you do have people here who have seldom seen a movie made before 1980, except for maybe Star Wars.

and what is sadder is some brag about it like it's somethng to be proud of.

I mean you cant force people to watch older movies and like them. Either they are interesed in those classics or not. Im of the opinion that everyone who likes movies should atleast check out some of the older films to see if they work for them.

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I mean you cant force people to watch older movies and like them. Either they are interesed in those classics or not. Im of the opinion that everyone who likes movies should atleast check out some of the older films to see if they work for them.

I simply have problems with somebody who acts like they are a expert on film who has no knowledge of the classics.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

As far as historical epics go, though not Medieval, Ridley Scott is busy with his film on Napoleon, with Joaquin Phonix as the Little Emperor....

Yeah and I'm hyped for that. But I'm certain the marketing and general release of it will be completely botched. A Ridley Scott Napoleon epic should be an event, and I doubt Apple will be able to make that happen

On 4/6/2022 at 7:05 PM, filmlover said:

What was the last "raunchy comedy" to actually make significant amounts of cash in theaters? Girls Trip? Horror is a much more commercially viable genre these days.

There's not been much in terms of male skewing raunchy comedies released since the metoo campaign though. That void could probably be capitalised on. Before 2016 we were getting atleast 1 major breakout a year with the likes of Ted, both Jump Streets, Neighbours, TITE or We're the Millers, all of which were original films then nothing with the exception of Deadpool (which ended up becoming the highest grossing Xmen movie). Comedy actors and directors seemed to have naturally branched out into more fitting roles these days and not much has taken their place but I think a breakout could easily happen if they just reignited the genre 

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Probably the fact that, uh, those weren’t Viking movies 

Is there an audience for Viking movies in particular lmao???? I mean in terms of box office success what will make people see this when they didn't see those other movies. 

Edited by ban1o

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

Is there an audience for Viking movies in particular lmao???? I mean in terms of box office success what will make people see this when they didn't see those other movies. 

It’ll flop but these are just different genres and movies. This is a Viking revenge fantasy, so theoretically there should be a different audience that’s more attuned to action that would be more inclined to see this. (They won’t).

• Like 2