TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

On 2/9/2023 at 1:02 PM, interiorgatordecorator said:

mr mod

a real mcu thread doesnt exist, the disney thread only exists for company politics and politics politics; kinda silly to ask people to not talk about the mcu in the closest thing to a mcu thread there currently is

7asc0e.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Via Critics' Choice

9ezkgsnekoha1.png

Good luck.

Damn.

So much for my source saying it is top 5 MCU and best ant man. Must be in jovial mood when he watched it or his source might have been. Anyways, will still check it out in theaters, but hard to get excited for the future unless they can knock it out of the park with some key films.

50 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

HOW..... is this going less than Eternals and Black Adam. 

+1. 

I hated those 2 movies. HOW can this be worse😧

But fine for me. Keeps my expectations down

13 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Damn.

So much for my source saying it is top 5 MCU and best ant man. Must be in jovial mood when he watched it or his source might have been. Anyways, will still check it out in theaters, but hard to get excited for the future unless they can knock it out of the park with some key films.

Yeah, one insider (could be fake idk) said it was the best script they've read for an MCU film...I have no idea what they read

im the furthest thing from a mcu fan (these days), but of one of the weaker avengers having to take on a thanos-level villian pretty much all on his own for a whole movie is a pretty exciting concept; all of the other mcu's misfires cause me indifference if not amusement, but this ones a tiny bit disappointing because of said cool concept

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

On 2/11/2023 at 5:15 AM, BoxOfficeZ said:

It's a classic writing issue with having to close out the story after having steady first two acts and usually closure is hardest in storytelling. It's easier to pose interesting new questions at the start of a movie compared with answering them in a satisfying manner. 

That to me - on top of the fantastic villain - is why The Dark Knight remains the best superhero movie. The third act is great imo because once you've had the big action set piece, it is all about the themes running throughout the movie coming back in a satisfying manner for us, emotionally-speaking, even though it's not satisfactory for the character(s) in that situation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If we're using the critics choice thing as a basis, the only difference between Wakanda Forever, a major awards contender, and Ant-Man 2 a generally well received sequel, is two points?

As wildly as I would disagree, they're not exactly far off on Rottentomatoes or Metacritic.

9 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If we're using the critics choice thing as a basis, the only difference between Wakanda Forever, a major awards contender, and Ant-Man 2 a generally well received sequel, is two points?

wakanda forever didn't get a nom for best pic, best screenplay or best director so yeah its not that crazy when those awards its up for our stuff like costume design, makeup, music and vfx which isn't really saying anything about the quality of the storytelling

• Like 1