Eric Furiosa

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood isn't a Christmas movie but it FEELS like a Christmas movie, because Tom Hanks as Mr. Rogers is kinda like Hallmark became a person. That could help it. It's why I'm personally waiting till next weekend, tbh. With Last Christmas flopping this will be my "get in the holiday mood" movie.

I love Tom Hanks, he is such a great actor, y just wish he take more ¿experimental? roles or at least roles that are not so safe, this role just seems like boring Oscar Bait.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Panda said:

I said films for adults to pick from! 

Gotta tell all those supposedly adult people that chose Frozen that they broke the rules of adulthood and they are officially overgrown man-children, then.

(Seriously, not watching a film because "it's for kids" or because "it's for girls" or whatever is what makes society the worst.)

• Like 4

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Gotta tell all those supposedly adult people that chose Frozen that they broke the rules of adulthood and they are officially overgrown man-children, then.

(Seriously, not watching a film because "it's for kids" or because "it's for girls" or whatever is what makes society the worst.)

I think not watching is fine, people can do what they want. But when they get superior about their particular tastes and criticize other people for choosing to watch, it becomes a problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think not watching is fine, people can do what they want. But when they get superior about their particular tastes and criticize other people for choosing to watch, it becomes a problem.

I think it's already a problem and a reflection of who we are as people when some choose not to watch because the content in question is a stereotype for a target audience in their mind. Like, who the fuck cares for whom the movie was made for? It's a fucking movie, it's a form of art, it should be enjoyed by everyone. A girl can't watch an action movie? An older person can't go see a horror movie? A child can't enjoy a gritty crime drama (yeah, it may be a bit shocking for their age, but what if they're mature-headed enough to understand and enjoy)? All of this because of "what are they doing in this theater watching this movie rn"? That's what bothers me. If they don't watch simply because they don't like the content, that's ok. If they don't watch because "it's for kids" or whatever, that annoys me.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

This petulant, insufferable piece is a perfect example....

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/opinion/2019/11/19/the-frozen-2-sequel-is-not-a-movie-its-a-sadistic-prison-for-parents.html

Edited by JB33

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

I said this yesterday, I don't know why people were expecting huge numbers for a cartoon on a school day.

Saturday should be huge because parents will take kids to matinees and early evening showings.

This cartoon is Frozen 2. The sequel to the biggest animated film of all time, unadjusted. 

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I think it's already a problem and a reflection of who we are as people when some choose not to watch because the content in question is a stereotype for a target audience in their mind. Like, who the fuck cares for whom the movie was made for? It's a fucking movie, it's a form of art, it should be enjoyed by everyone. A girl can't watch an action movie? An older person can't go see a horror movie? A child can't enjoy a gritty crime drama (yeah, it may be a bit shocking for their age, but what if they're mature-headed enough to understand and enjoy)? All of this because of "what are they doing in this theater watching this movie rn"? That's what bothers me. If they don't watch simply because they don't like the content, that's ok. If they don't watch because "it's for kids" or whatever, that annoys me.

Oh, I see what you were saying. Yeah I agree that mindset is silly. One of my friends refused to watch TS4 because they'd "outgrown that stuff", like I get if you don't like the Toy Story movies but that's a really snobbish way to think about things.

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Oh boy, this looks like a doozy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Oh, I see what you were saying. Yeah I agree that mindset is silly. One of my friends refused to watch TS4 because they'd "outgrown that stuff", like I get if you don't like the Toy Story movies but that's a really snobbish way to think about things.

Oh boy, this looks like a doozy.

By all means, dont read it if you dont want to. I wouldn't blame you haha. I just figured the headline spoke for itself. 

The article is as bad as you think though.... just garbage, even for an opinion piece.

• Like 1