sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Night Preview - The Grudge $1.8M w/ an F Cinemascore LMAO

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If the trailers were really effective the movie would have garnered better Thursday numbers. I said that the film looked like trash and I'm sticking with that opinion. If you want to waste your money "giving it a chance" then have at it.

Oh I thought you said the film was trash. 

so now you mean it looked like trash to you. 

$1.8m is actually a decent preview number but go off 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oh I thought you said the film was trash. 

so now you mean it looked like trash to you. 

$1.8m is actually a decent preview number but go off 

The Grudge is the hill that you want to die on? The reboot of a mediocre horror franchise that has terrible critical and audience reviews? Okay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Laurence said:

Moderation

NOPE. We already talked about "what ruined Star Wars" for weeks now. We don't need to continue on longer. If you really think it's necessary to talk about this (it isn't by the way), go to the Fanboy Wars thread. Anybody else who continues this will get repercussions.

Why though it’s clearly still the biggest topic of discussion what else would we talk about. How terrible dumped in January is doing terribly like every year. The other is formally the world’s biggest franchise in a state of free fall 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

236.0 cume after 26.3 weekend.

236 + 26.3*3.0 = 315 (5.32x)

236 + 26.3*3.5 = 328 (5.54x)

Wonderful run for JUM. As a sequel and non-animated film is beating ITSV's legs (which had some CBM front-loading but legged it great nevertheless).

If it can get 333 then will have matched HP2's drop from HP1.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The Grudge is the hill that you want to die on? The reboot of a mediocre horror franchise that has terrible critical and audience reviews? Okay.

I haven’t even seen it. But I’m still not the one chiming in saying it’s trash. 

If you’re going to comment on the quality of a film and act like it’s a fact, make sure it’s a film you’ve actually seen.