Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

I assume the positive reviews are saying time “well yeha the script is sloppy, the villain sucks, the FX sucks but it’s fun and the movie we need during these times!@

From the little I've seen there seems to be a focus on the chemistry between the characters, with the two lesser known ones dragging Carol up to their level as well.

Anyway, can't wait to watch The Killer on Friday

Looks like this could be the "Batman and Robin" of the MCU.

Not necessarily in terms of quality but in terms of impact on the franchise.

Quantumania didn't do very well but The Marvels is looking like it will be the MCU's true first unmitigated disaster.

• Like 4

Just now, poweranimals said:

I just don't understand. We keep hearing Marvel has been working on quality control but things seem to just keep getting worse.

This movie was in production before all that. This movie was already doing it's big reshoots when Love and Thunder was getting panned. Captain America 4 will really be the first film to start production after audiences started to sour on the MCU. 

Goes to show - from these reviews, the script and story were bad enough, there was no hope to save it with reshoots, so it did become an exercise over the last few months of finding the most fun cut with humor and charm there was and just releasing it as is.  As far as Disney is concerned, blame the strike, bury it, and try to correct the story and script for the next productions...

Edited by TwoMisfits

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I assume the positive reviews are saying time “well yeha the script is sloppy, the villain sucks, the FX sucks but it’s fun and the movie we need during these times!@

yes because they copy and paste the same thing for all movies they know that suck but are afraid to admit. Most typical for YT critics whose clicks depend on agreeing with their audience. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I will say, people are so weirdly selective. This is what people were saying about Five Nights at Freddy, too! Well, besides the FX aspect, but no one batted at eye at recommendations.