Eric Prime

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

15 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Wakanda Forever was not hated.

i've heard international audiences really dont like it

7 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Video Game movies are taken over from MCU as the dominant force in Hollywood. Mario outgrossed Guardians 3 + Ant Man 3 combined. FNAF annihilated Marvels in every territory. 

Younger generations are done with derivative CBMs with no draws. You’ll only see some of the cameo fests or the creative ones like Joker 2 doing well from now on.

and sonic 2, based on one of the most piopular videogames characters, made as eternals in box office. Sure, "the dominant force in Hollywood" LOL, they do money only because they are low budget, except for Mario who made a billion

5 minutes ago, fede75 said:

and sonic 2, based on one of the most piopular videogames characters, made as eternals in box office. Sure, "the dominant force in Hollywood" LOL, they do money only because they are low budget, except for Mario who made a billion

Eternals was before the CBM genre collapsed, if released today it would be lucky to gross half as much. Sonic 3 will annihilate Thunderbolts/Cap 4/Blade in gross.

One genre is rising, the other has reached new lows as sequels to $1b grossers are now grossing $200m globally. You may not like it, but it is the truth.

• Like 1

Wakanda Forever was an obvious success financially and I would say generally liked by its target audience but I guess I’m not sure at how successful it was at getting audiences excited for the next one. Which isn’t the point for the movie but I imagine Marvel is probably unsure where to go right now with that

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Eternals was before the CBM genre collapsed, if released today it would be lucky to gross half as much. Sonic 3 will annihilate Thunderbolts/Cap 4/Blade in gross.

One genre is rising, the other has reached new lows as sequels to $1b grossers are now grossing $200m globally. You may not like it, but it is the truth.

For real. Eternals was when the marvel brand was still very strong fresh out of Endgame. If it came out now, it would be doing Morbius numbers.

Since Maoyan &TTP Score aren't out. Here are some comments from 'Douban':

1. Specifically bought an IMAX ticket, not worth it. When I saw Park Seo-joon singing as a prince, I thought I bought the wrong ticket...
  2. Getting more and more similar to the star wars series...
  3. Very shitty. Still no hope and foreseeable turning point for this phase of the marvel timeline. Everything was boring. A superhero film that relies on the cuteness of cats for box office. This is just sad. PS. Feel like this Captain Marvel is significantly weaker [than the one in Endgame].
  4. Even Chatgpt wouldn't want to be credited in such a script.
  5. Logged on to rate this right after I watched it. I might not even remember watching this movie in a few days. {this person gave a rating of 1 out of 5 stars}
  6. Slept through 70% of the movie, so I won't comment much on it. But at least Park Seo-joon's make-up and costume weren't as ugly as people described online.
  7. The same level of writing as Thor LAT, at least this one has cats.
  8. Points for the cats. They have the potential to solve the housing crisis.
  9. The most random marvel movie I've ever seen. Before I went to watch this, my friend said: "since when can marvel make good female superhero films...". I guess they were right.
  10. So borrrrring. You thought I would give your movie a 3-star rating just for the cats? Nah. WTF marvel is this? This is a superhero movie??? When will the human writers start working?? I really don't want to watch AI movies anymore!!!
  11. Captain Marvel and Prince Yan, one doesn't like men, and the other doesn't like women. This must be the actual legal definition of a married couple.
  12. Might as well just film the cats for half an hour and edit the post-credit scene at the end. With this writing ability in marvel, the X-men are screwed.
  13. Maybe, when Thanos snapped his notorious fingers, the MCU rapidly, truly, completely, crumbled.
  14. Watched 20 minutes of whatever that was. Left the movie theater and went home to sleep. I came out to watch the movie premier on such a cold weather for nothing.
  • Haha 9
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Since Maoyan &TTP Score aren't out. Here are some comments from 'Douban':

1. Specifically bought an IMAX ticket, not worth it. When I saw Park Seo-joon singing as a prince, I thought I bought the wrong ticket...
  2. Getting more and more similar to the star wars series...
  3. Very shitty. Still no hope and foreseeable turning point for this phase of the marvel timeline. Everything was boring. A superhero film that relies on the cuteness of cats for box office. This is just sad. PS. Feel like this Captain Marvel is significantly weaker [than the one in Endgame].
  4. Even Chatgpt wouldn't want to be credited in such a script.
  5. Logged on to rate this right after I watched it. I might not even remember watching this movie in a few days. {this person gave a rating of 1 out of 5 stars}
  6. Slept through 70% of the movie, so I won't comment much on it. But at least Park Seo-joon's make-up and costume weren't as ugly as people described online.
  7. The same level of writing as Thor LAT, at least this one has cats.
  8. Points for the cats. They have the potential to solve the housing crisis.
  9. The most random marvel movie I've ever seen. Before I went to watch this, my friend said: "since when can marvel make good female superhero films...". I guess they were right.
  10. So borrrrring. You thought I would give your movie a 3-star rating just for the cats? Nah. WTF marvel is this? This is a superhero movie??? When will the human writers start working?? I really don't want to watch AI movies anymore!!!
  11. Captain Marvel and Prince Yan, one doesn't like men, and the other doesn't like women. This must be the actual legal definition of a married couple.
  12. Might as well just film the cats for half an hour and edit the post-credit scene at the end. With this writing ability in marvel, the X-men are screwed.
  13. Maybe, when Thanos snapped his notorious fingers, the MCU rapidly, truly, completely, crumbled.
  14. Watched 20 minutes of whatever that was. Left the movie theater and went home to sleep. I came out to watch the movie premier on such a cold weather for nothing.

The Chinese internet is so much better then ours. 

11 is an absolute banger  

Edited by WorkingonaName

11 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Please stop peddling the falsehood that Wakanda Forever wasn't a success. Like it or not it was one of Marvel's few true successes in Phase 4/5. I do think that any sequel will have an uphill climb at keeping that audience though. 

If it's a success then why would no one in confidence in any Black Panther 3? The reality is that any 250M budget movie making 850M is meh and not good enough.

30 minutes ago, scytheavatar said:

If it's a success then why would no one in confidence in any Black Panther 3? The reality is that any 250M budget movie making 850M is meh and not good enough.

I agree that Black Panther 3 will be less successful than 2 but that has nothing to do with whether 2 was successful, and no making $850M off a $250M budget is not meh. If people here felt the movie was boring and underwhelming then just say that, because I'm sorry these arguments are beyond forced.

14 hours ago, Welcbr12 said:

If Superhero Movies are dead, James Gunn is a man with big problems on his hands... 

Superhero movies are not dead.

BAD superhero movies are though. Lazy superhero movies are. Endlessly churned out superhero movies made with very little thought are.

If Gun makes a great Superman movie it will do a billion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1