TMP

Weekend Thread | Birds of Prey $33.25M Weekend

26 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Maybe marketing decision's (consciously or not), but considering that filming for that is almost over if not over....

They're about halfway complete with filming. But I can't imagine Gunn would proceed with the film if they came in with changes.

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

They're complaining about certain mods not necessarily the forum itself.

Definitely more of a situation of 1 or 2 in particular. 90% are awesome mods, some of the best of any message board I've ever used. Been on a dozen plus.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

As far as this site goes, worst thing about BOP underperforming is that the whole Marvel vs DC Bullshit will flare up again .You know a couple of the more obnoxious Marvel fanboys will not be able to keep from gloating, and off we go.....

Unfortunately, we’re still dealing with the aftermath of the awful start to the DCEU that affects DC’s output to this day. BOP has definitely suffered from its connection to Suicide Squad, and the tumultuous times of 2016. I had hoped that WB would seek to distance itself more from the false start, which was why I was very surprised when the trailers dropped for this film which seemed to invoke SS quite a lot.

I have great confidence in Reeves next year though. I feel his Batman is going to be something of a revelation - and a huge success.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Weak buzz and the CGI hook is gone. Also it opens a week after Scoob.

My 7 year old has explained to me that his 2 May movies (b/c he's trying to convince me to pay for 2 for him) are Black Widow and Spongebob.  When I said "what about Scoob", he tells me that no one wants to see that, mom (although I think if he thought I would pay for 3, he'd change his tune:).

Anecdotally, I'll see if he sticks to his guns as the previews heat up later...this is all based on the theatrical previews he's seen so far...

6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I havent paid attention to the little bit of marketing this movie did but is it REALLY worthy of a R rating? I never even saw a red band trailer.  

Yeh some of the violence is pretty graphic. Can’t say without spoilers. 

but yeh, blood from the mouth, stabbings, throat slashings, numerous graphic bone breaks. And a tonnes of language. And one of the characters has a very graphic injury... style. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

My 7 year old has explained to me that his 2 May movies (b/c he's trying to convince me to pay for 2 for him) are Black Widow and Spongebob.  When I said "what about Scoob", he tells me that no one wants to see that, mom (although I think if he thought I would pay for 3, he'd change his tune:).

Anecdotally, I'll see if he sticks to his guns as the previews heat up later...this is all based on the theatrical previews he's seen so far...

Shaggy's weak voice REALLY turns me off Scoob. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I would argue that the DCEU got off to a great start

Hide contents

in 2013. 2016 was when it went off the rails

Actually Green Lantern was supposed to be the start of the DCEU. We all know what happened.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I havent paid attention to the little bit of marketing this movie did but is it REALLY worthy of a R rating? I never even saw a red band trailer.  

Yes, it's very explicit and very violent. If you search details on your country's ratings website I am sure you can find details. I just looked it up and it seems very violent.

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Lol marvel stans are not the ones behind the horrible vitriol and disgusting comments this movie has had to suffer.

Yeh it’s the same trolls who went for Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Charlie’s Angels and Captain Marvel. Not specific to Marvel fans. 

They’re probably only fans of xbox games and Trump.