grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2019 | The forums can eat shit

Just now, titanic2187 said:

I don't understand the concept of subtitle being a barrier for movie experience. 

I thought english-speaker nation are quite well-educated to read? 

Apparently, it's too much work for some people to actually pay attention to what's going on on-screen and read what's being said at the exact same time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

Apparently, it's too much work for some people to actually pay attention to what's going on on-screen and read what's being said at the exact same time.

EG was seen by millions of people who their first language isn't English .

Somehow they managed to enjoy the dialogue, action and score all in once with the help of subtitle.  

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

#101 to 120

101 Late Night
102 Hobbs and Shaw
103 Honeyland
104 Triple Frontier
105 Dora and the Lost CIty of Gold
106 Gloria Bell
107 Hotel by the River
108 Hotel Mumbai
109 Transit
110 Angry Birds 2
111  Annabelle Comes Home
112 Dark Phoenix
113 High Life
114 The SpongeBob Musical: Live on Stage!
115 Cold Pursuit
116 Shadow
117 Light of My Life
118 Echo in the Canyon
119 Steven Universe: The Movie
120 Western Stars

I can say with absolute certainty if more people saw Gloria Bell, it would have been much, much higher!

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

81 to 100

81 Bacarau
82 Richard Jewell
83 Togo
84 The Nightingale
85 Asako I & II
86 Birds of Passage
87 Gemini Man
88 Godzilla
89 The death of dick Long
90 Missing Link
91 Unplanned
92 The Art of Self Defense
93 The Upside
94 Lady J
95 Greener Grass
96 Dark Waters
97 Adopt A Highway
98 Ash is Purest White
98 Game Changers
99 For Sama
100 The Beach Bum

I had Game Changers at number one!  I wonder if that high placement is what allowed it to place in the top 100.

Richard Jewell was top ten for me as well.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

JOKER

71YrVzXizzL._AC_SY741_.jpg

From @titanic2187

It is a non-conventional treatment to the most popular genre these days, which famous with its escapist-oriented approach . The film showcase how the society need no superpower to produce a terrifying villain.

In the film we see how an average decent-behaved person transform into psychopathic serial-killer. Arthur, he is just a average person with no special ability like high-level IQ, or sophisticated equipment or network but somehow, he has become a neighborhood nightmare  

In the film, we lost Arthur to Joker.     

The film described how a systematic discrimination or ignorant can lead to psychopathic behaviour. It worked like a cautionary tale. We, as a member of this society need to be more compassionate to avoid next Arthur.    

USER REVIEWS:

9.9/10. Arthur being bloodied and smiling at the end there is the greatest Joker moment ever. @The Chad DC

A+++++

My movie of the decade. Just about as good a social commentary as can be expected from a Hollywood movie. For me it worked on every single level. Magnificent!

All I kept remembering throughout the movie was a quote by Jean-Jacques Rousseau-When the people shall have nothing more to eat, they will eat the rich.

How easy it is in modern society to sit surrounded by comfort, blissfully unaware (or purposefully ignorant) that we sit on a powder keg and at any time the match could be lit and the whole system could come crumbling down. Watching the Joker was great but watching Gotham crumble was better still.

@glassfairy

One of the greats in “CBM” movies. I wouldn’t call this a true comic book movie I would call this an artistic rendition of a character study. The sublime genius of work done by Phoenix playing joker , he melded into the role like no other. This was the performance of the year. His transition from a disturbed abused individual to a person with a confident stride was one to behold. The story was very simple and it had to be because it did not need to be complicated. It was simply the downfall of a man who became the joker nothing else . For the villain who had no backstory this was all that was needed. The Movie didn’t need anything to say except it being the descent of a broken man and an ascent of a mad man . Beautiful imagery, haunting score. This could have been done by any director because each frame had Phoenix, each amazing moment had Phoenix and thus by extension the movie is an amazing masterclass by Phoenix

10/10

A

@hasanahmad

Joker is one of those movies I didn't care for all that much but I can see why others did, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Technically, in order to read subtitles you must be watching them with your eyes.  So in fact, subtitles force people to watch the screen to follow the film!

exactly, it's more work. english isn't my first language so I watch most things withs subtitles anyway but when I compare that to watching stuff that are locally it's much easier. unfortunately most local stuff here are p bad so I'm stuck reading subtitles. 

To read subtitles, you have to put your phone down and just know that FB, Insta, Snap, Twitter and i-Chat will still be there 2 hours later.  FOMO inhibits a lot of movie goers.  

• Like 2

I watched bot Ford v Ferrari and Endgame.

I know I'm supposed to lie to myself and say the car movie was better because it was oscar bait even though I laughed, cheered and nearly cried at Endgame.

But fuck that elitist bullshit. 

ENDGAME WAS BETTER.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I know I'm supposed to lie to myself and say the car movie was better because it was oscar bait even though I laughed, cheered and nearly cried at Endgame.

ENDGAME WAS BETTER.

Really showed it to all those imaginary enemies who tried to intimidate you into taking the side of the... elitist 100m budget movie star car racing movie.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Really showed it to all those imaginary enemies who tried to intimidate you into taking the side of the... elitist 100m budget movie star car racing movie.

i'm an elitist asshole and even i thought endgame (#47 on my list) was better than the ford movie (#49 on my list). 

• Haha 4
  • Knock It Off 1

59 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

ENDGAME WAS BETTER.

Loved both movies.  Both made my top ten.  End Game was higher for me as well.  You don't have to apologize for liking EG.

• Thanks 1