Eric Lasagna

92nd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | PARASITE WINS BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS #BONGHIVE

I’m happy for the crew that made Parasite. This is a pretty monumental moment for foreign language films. 

On another note, I’m not surprised that Joaquin Phoenix’ win is apparently generating some controversy, but the guy’s never won an Oscar before, despite being one of the most acclaimed actors still working today, so it makes sense that he would get one now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

"Academy Award winner Rami Malek" made me  puke. Literally the worst Best Actor winner in years.

I didn't care much for Bohemian Rhapsody, but Malek has put out some incredible work over the years. Notably, King Tut in the Night at the Museum films. He stole those films out from under Robin Williams.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

OUATIH won two awards though (including an acting win). The only real "loser" of the night is The Irishman, which is now officially the biggest Oscar loser since American Hustle.

True Grit (2010) also went 0-for-10, but The Color Purple and The Turning Point went 0-for-11.

Not looking forward to the crowd who hates the Liberal Hollywood Oscars anyway being mad a non-English movie won Best Picture.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

I didn't care much for Bohemian Rhapsody, but Malek has put out some incredible work over the years. Notably, King Tut in the Night at the Museum films. He stole those films out from under Robin Williams.

For whatever reason people hate films like Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book and Joker so much and they project that hate on to all involved. It's an awful habit.

Wins aside, this was not a good ceremony due to all the padding (even without a host!) and odd choices. The decision of having relatively fresh faces (George MacKay, Beanie Feldstein, Anthony Ramos, etc.) who seem poised to takeover the industry within the next few years introduce actual presenters was both a half-assed way of saying "say hello to the future A-list" and came across as a desperate attempt to address the diversity issues in the industry that have come up in recent weeks.

• Like 2