sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday #s - Onward 12.1, Invisible Man 4.3, Way Back 2.6 | Blame It On the Roni

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Could Onward actually finish with sub-$200M worldwide as the worst case scenario? It clearly wasn't ever gonna be a big hit in any circumstance but yikes.

It will finish sub 200m.

Honestly, I was expecting at least 400m ww. 

The legs are going to be awful. Theatres are closing down all over the world. 

• ...wtf 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Next weekend is gonna be a dead zone at the box office regardless. I don't see any of the three new releases crossing double digits.

The Hunt could, maybe

Just now, TMP said:

The Hunt could, maybe

I doubt it. There's no buzz even with it being suddenly added back to the schedule and the whole controversy feels like it happened forever ago. They might as well had just sold it off to streaming tbh.

17 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Europe Big 4 numbers are exactly as of The Good Dinosaur. In fact Russia is also same. In fact not far from Coco in UK and Germany and about 65% in Russia, France and Spain. $200-250mn is still on but that hardly matters.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Black Widow I can see why they are still waiting since it is still nearly 2 months away. I think after this disastrous OS opening for Onward they will announce Mulan's delay tomorrow or Tuesday at worst.

The more they wait, the worse it gets...Italy literally closed everything, just like China. A lot of cases are exploding here in Brazil. It's freaking crazy.

I was talking about that to some friends. I said smaller movies ( if they're already finished ) should be moved up ASAP, while big blockbusters should be delayed. Most of low budget movies aren't dependent on overseas grosses. 

Nobody knows what gonna happen to domestic markets. Nobody knows when this will get better. It's truly horrible. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Yup, Coronavirus effect is all over the overseas market. 

Pixar movie will never open to such low otherwise. 

18 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I don't understand Disney at all. 

Why the fuck are they not moving Mulan and Black Widow? 

If this continues both will finish under 400m. 

Overseas number of Onward are horrible. 

17 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Such a bad opening everywhere. 

Pixar is strong in Latin America. This is embarrassing. 

16 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Onward will lose atleast 100m to Disney. 

More than Good Dinosaur. 

Biggest Pixar Bomb ever. 

14 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Mulan social media reaction are coming on Monday. 

Disney is officially mad. 

Sighs....can you at least for once stop with that negative complaining? 🙄

Yes, the coronavirus might have put an effect but that doesn’t excuse for you constantly badmouthing the chances for other movies just because of that.

And don’t give me that crap about “oh, these are so much of a terrible numbers for movie A, so movie B will suffer the same fate”. I really don’t care.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Sighs....can you at least for once stop with that negative complaining? Yes, the coronavirus might have put an effect but that doesn’t excuse for you constantly badmouthing the chances for other movies just because of that.

And don’t give me that crap about “oh, these are so much of a terrible numbers for movie A, so movie B will suffer the same fate”. I really don’t care.

Really. 

I am one of the hopeful person about this virus. 

But there is no way to spin this. 

• Haha 1

terrible, numbers for onward  and while i really think that the virus had an affect, based from what i have seen from the international threads, there doesnt seem to be a big affect , uk, germany,brazil and so on, didnt really seem affected by the virus at least not no a big scale , and the holdovers for the most part hold really well not only on the dom front but internationally, too , lets see how this will continue

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The more they wait, the worse it gets...Italy literally closed everything, just like China. A lot of cases are exploding here in Brazil. It's freaking crazy.

I was talking about that to some friends. I said smaller movies ( if they're already finished ) should be moved up ASAP, while big blockbusters should be delayed. Most of low budget movies aren't dependent on overseas grosses. 

Nobody knows what gonna happen to domestic markets. Nobody knows when this will get better. It's truly horrible. 

Yeah, it is exploding all over the world right now. The number of cases here in Portugal is doubling every day. The North of the country already has schools closed.

Just now, Madhuvan said:

Really. 

spin what ? right now , it seems that this weekend for onward is way more bc of the movie itself than the virus, thats not too say that the virus didnt have affect

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

Can see 250 ww happen for Onwards.

68 ow * 3.25x + remaining markets (Japan am guessing)

But that's an abysmal ww for a 175m prod budget film.

it the sec good dinosaur for pixar, 

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Really. 

Yeah, I understand that...but still, don’t get constantly negative whenever a movie fails financially. It just becomes repetitive and honestly tiring.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Black Widow I can see why they are still waiting since it is still nearly 2 months away. I think after this disastrous OS opening for Onward they will announce Mulan's delay tomorrow or Tuesday at worst.

I certainly hope so, but I think it is impossible now.. too deep in.

US premiere tomorrow, and UK premiere on the 12th. Social media reactions coming in tomorrow as well.

not forgetting that it has actually begun presales in many countries...

I hope Disney executives bite the bullet and change the dates; but i also think that it will be a tough decision that no one dares to make..