cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

I think this will open well tbh, it has the audience that is has been going to theaters and people were saying the same thing about Candyman before it opened under similar circumstances.  it is literally the only "event" release of January now. and nothing else is playing. wouldn't be surprised if it opens to $20m. the 355 was going to bomb under any circumstance. 

Edited by Kalo

On 1/8/2022 at 9:08 PM, Krissykins said:

Why people would want to ruin the film for themselves is… beyond me. 

But let’s not get into that. 

Sending people spoilers by PM, is still spreading spoilers btw.

Keep that nonsense out of the thread thanks. 

Didn't you ask for spoilers a month or two ago for a film?

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This kind of complains is bizarre to me.

There are some people on twitter rioting because they can't see the screening at home but doesn't complain about the fact that audiences that want to watch need to risk themselves aswell.

To me there's 2 options: supporting hybrid release so both critics and audience can see the movie the way they choose to, or accepting that everyone need to go to a theater to see it.

Is really absurd to me demand online screeners for a movie if the audience doesn't have the same option.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

This kind of complains is bizarre to me.

There are some people on twitter rioting because they can't see the screening at home but doesn't complain about the fact that audiences that want to watch need to risk themselves aswell.

To me there's 2 options: supporting hybrid release so both critics and audience can see the movie the way they choose to, or accepting that everyone need to go to a theater to see it.

Is really absurd to me demand online screeners for a movie if the audience doesn't have the same option.

This. 

The critic should wait if they don’t want to go to the cinema. Especially for a film like this full of spoilers. 

If they don’t want to go to the cinema, why should they be allowed to review theatrical films anyway? That’s like me saying I want to review plays, but I’m not going out to the theatre. Ridiculous. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

Booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday....

Love to hear this!! 

So far I’m booked in for two showings on Friday, first and last (we don’t get Thursday previews), and a 4DX on Sunday. 

Just finished watching the first film on 4K. Incredible. 

• Like 1

Rewatched the second one yesterday, remains a great followup. Engaging in the text of the original in the same way it does other horror movies is genius, and allows for a very contemplative sequel.

I also got my ticket for friday 😎

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Watched Scream 4 again in preparation for this film and it still kicks ass. I will never know why it wasnt all that well received when it came out.

I’m so glad it finally found its audience and earned appreciation over the years. 

9 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Watched Scream 4 again in preparation for this film and it still kicks ass. I will never know why it wasnt all that well received when it came out.

I feel like it was well received by the fans at the time, particularly coming off of Scream 3, it’s just that not enough of those fans went to see it.

I always feel like Scream 3 gets slightly unfairly dunked on, it’s the weakest, but it’s still entertaining, and any film that manages to get away with lampooning Harvey Weinstein’s behaviour while also being produced by Harvey Weinstein deserves at least a bit of respect. He must’ve been fuming that he couldn’t complain about those plot points without outing himself!

• Thanks 1