4. The Mist (2007)
  5. War of the Worlds

Honorable mention : The Happening so horrible it's unintentionally hilarious

Contagion

Rec (amazing)

Right at your door

Edited by MadJosh
  • Like 1

Saturday ain't looking good as well. Pixar_Onward_TwoBrothers_2020.png looking at $4-4.25mn for a weekend of $10-10.25mn. On bright side, it will be #1 for weekend after going down #3 on Friday.

I Still Believe shall be $2.5-2.75 for $8.5mn weekend.

Bloodshot at $7.75-8mn weekend.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

I expect numbers to continue to trend down. People simply aren't going to go into movie theaters in any large numbers for the foreseeable future.

Even when the pandemic finally passes i don't expect a huge ramp up of audience. It will take time for people to feel comfortable being in close contact with others. It's like an athlete who has a serious injury. They can be completely recovered from the injury, but even after that it takes time for them to feel comfortable and trust their body again.

Even if this is largely contained by June. I don't think it will be until the fall the large masses of people are going to feel comfortable with being together again. 

i imagine every movie studio is going to take a beating this year. If i was a studio head I would be thinking of moving my spting/summer 2020 movies to spring/summer 2021 because so many productions are going to get closed I bet alot of the movies currently scheduled for release next year won't make their dates. 

TV is going to be interesting as there is likely going to be a time period with very little new content.

Edited by RamblinRed
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Saturday ain't looking good as well. Pixar_Onward_TwoBrothers_2020.png looking at $4-4.25mn for a weekend of $10-10.25mn.

Should we expect a good Sunday hold, since about half the kids in the country will be off school on Monday?

Or perhaps we should expect that over the next 24 hours, more and more theaters will close.

• Like 1