charlie Jatinder

Weekend Thread: The End is Near.

1 hour ago, RamblinRed said:

Very few people are going to be going to theaters for the next 3-4 months.

Numbers are going to get worse every day and they are not going to recover for months.

Why the next 3-4 months? We really have no idea how long this thing is going to last for.

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Why the next 3-4 months? We really have no idea how long this thing is going to last for.

This.

You have one moron in the Top Gun 2 section taling about how the virus is going to make Top Gun 2 a huge hit in June...

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Not pessimistic enough for some on social media. 3-4 years. 3-4 decades more like it. Hell, let's just say this never ends. World on a perpetual state of lockdown until the end of time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RamblinRed said:

Very few people are going to be going to theaters for the next 3-4 months.

Numbers are going to get worse every day and they are not going to recover for months.

I'll be surprised if next weekend's total number can hold to 50% of this weekend's number.

Pretty sure all theaters will be closed in few days. Even in US.

Edited by Damianport1

32 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not pessimistic enough for some on social media. 3-4 years. 3-4 decades more like it. Hell, let's just say this never ends. World on a perpetual state of lockdown until the end of time. 

It's better to face facts then ignore them:We don't know when this is going to end.

False optimism is one of the things that got us into this mess.

I agree panic is just as bad,but still better to plan for the worst case scenario then ignore it as a possiblity.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Pretty sure all theaters will be closed in few days. Even in US.

SOme chains are considering on closing for pure business reasons:with no new major releases coming out, and people probably very paranoid about being in public more then absoltey neccessary, attendence will be so low they will be losing money, so just shut down and at least save on operating expenses.

36 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I mean, there are pretty good scientific, non exaggerated/doomsaying for kicks reasons to be talking about it lasting more than 3-4 months.    

I guess you’re frustrated, but I wouldn’t downplay that possibility by comparing it to impossible hyperbole like 3-40 years.

• Like 2

TIM's 57.6% drop is fantastic given circumstance. Best in Top 19. I know people will say it's an  adult movie so they are less cautious but so are several other movies that ended up with over 60 and 70% drops. Also, kudos to kid-friendly Sonic for having second best hold with 59%. 

Guys I've never seen anything like this in my entire lifetime.   I tracked box office for decades and never seen anything like this.  The entire Country is slowly shutting down.  Other Countries globally are as well.   Honestly, I'm shocked these films got the numbers they got.  Considering what's going on, "I still believe" and "Bloodshot" making what they made isn't too bad.  I expect more and more bad drops as people stay away from public places.   This whole situation feels like the beginning of those sci fi Apocalypse films come life.   I do not blame Universal and MGM for moving Fast 9 and Bond.  I also won't blame Disney is they eventually shut down "Black Widow" like they did "Mulan" and "New Mutants".  I understand they want to keep a wait and see approach because of the slot but this is wild.   "Bad Boys For Life" could be the highest grossing film of the year for a very long time if this keep up.  

Most movies dropping over 60% (or much higher) from last Friday and showing small increases from Thursday shows that the pandemic has pretty much decimated everything. Too bad for movies like The Invisible Man (which might've legged it out to $100M under normal circumstances) and Emma. (which was on track to have a nice little run but its target audience of older people are the biggest risk to the disease) and of course Onward but it is what it is. We'll see in the coming days if the chains decide to shut down across the country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Let's be optimistic and say that cinema will be dead then half-dead for 18 months, until a vaccine is found and widely used.

The first movie released when things go back to normal and people get out of their houses for the first time in months:

50 billies worldwide.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Just out of The Hunt and it was a fu**ing blast! 

Betty Gilpin was hilarious and amazing. 

Gore. Shocks. Laughs. Jumps. And epic fight scene. It’s all here. Loved it. 

Glad you enjoyed the movie. Might be your last for a while.

Reality is about to hit the UK hard.

30 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Glad you enjoyed the movie. Might be your last for a while.

Reality is about to hit the UK hard.

It was quite busy actually. I doubt anything will come close to The Hunt quality wise til Wonder Woman or Candyman for me anyway. 

So I’m fine with downmarket streaming-quality fare if we must. 

on a side note: nothing has changed for me in the UK yet. I’m still having to go to work with 250 other nurses in an office every weekday. I’ve been to KFC, town centre, Cineworld, Starbucks and a hair salon today. 

Edited by Krissykins