charlie Jatinder

Weekend Thread: The End is Near.

I saw I Still Believe on Thursday. It was great. I’m an atheist who has been a fan of Jeremy Camp since like 2008. I thought it was well done. No surprises for me because I knew the story going in. 

Seeing Invisible Man tomorrow.

The Hunt next weekend.

Bloodshot the following.

I’m spreading them out since more and more are being pushed back. The only downside to this is if Bloodshot isn’t still in theatres in two weeks. Lol. 

Edited by Slicknickshady
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I mean, there are pretty good scientific, non exaggerated/doomsaying for kicks reasons to be talking about it lasting more than 3-4 months.    

I guess you’re frustrated, but I wouldn’t downplay that possibility by comparing it to impossible hyperbole like 3-40 years.

Things have gotten progressively better in China. The threat there lasted two months. I don’t think why people think it will last months longer here. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Things have gotten progressively better in China. The threat there lasted two months. I don’t think why people think it will last months longer here. 

This is more of a covid thread question, but the short answer is that China instituted extremely severe measures that neither the US nor Europe has instituted or has shown any indication that they’d be particularly willing to institute.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

This is more of a covid thread question, but the short answer is that China instituted extremely severe measures that neither the US nor Europe has instituted or has shown any indication that they’d be particularly willing to institute.

Actually extreme measures like that do not help. Social distancing works better than some of the more extreme quarantines they tried. This article explains it. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, filmscholar said:

Guys I've never seen anything like this in my entire lifetime.   I tracked box office for decades and never seen anything like this.  The entire Country is slowly shutting down.  Other Countries globally are as well.   Honestly, I'm shocked these films got the numbers they got.  Considering what's going on, "I still believe" and "Bloodshot" making what they made isn't too bad.  I expect more and more bad drops as people stay away from public places.   This whole situation feels like the beginning of those sci fi Apocalypse films come life.   I do not blame Universal and MGM for moving Fast 9 and Bond.  I also won't blame Disney is they eventually shut down "Black Widow" like they did "Mulan" and "New Mutants".  I understand they want to keep a wait and see approach because of the slot but this is wild.   "Bad Boys For Life" could be the highest grossing film of the year for a very long time if this keep up.  

When I was military, I got to go to NBC training (Nuclear, Chem, Bio).  I'll never forget that they taught them in that order b/c they wanted to emphasize that nukes were the least dangerous/least lethal weapon...and bio ones were the most.  The dirty spoon in a water supply (botulism example) was the example they used to use to emphasize how one stupidly small bio act, like dropping a dirty spoon, could kill millions...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

What’s the next still scheduled big release? I haven’t been paying close attention. 

Depending on your notion of big:

Trolls 2 hasn’t officially moved from April 10 yet

BW hasn’t officially moved from May 1 yet

The first blockbuster with a >1% chance to debut in its current date imo is WW84 on Jun 5.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Here

5 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Depending on your notion of big:

Trolls 2 hasn’t officially moved from April 10 yet

BW hasn’t officially moved from May 1 yet

The first blockbuster with a >1% chance to debut in its current date imo is WW84 on Jun 5.

And I wouldn't give it much higher than a 1% chance of keeping its date. Definitely not more than a 5% chance imo.

That's only about 2 1/2 months out and they will have to make a decision at some point before then whether to start spending the P&A. 

• Like 1