Eric is Quiet

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

8 minutes ago, Coneilg93 said:

Is the Snyder cult review bombing it yet? Lol 

IMDb Users

16,125 IMDb users have given a weighted average vote of 9.0 / 10

IMDb Users

16,125 IMDb users have given a weighted average vote of 9.0 / 10

Rating
Votes
10  60.7%    9,785
9   17.0%     2,744
8   10.4%     1,682
7     4.3%        686
6     1.6%        254
5     0.7%        115
4     0.4%          66
3     0.5%          74
2    0.6%           91
1    3.9%         628

Arithmetic mean = 8.9   Median = 10

In a word?

No.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

The Snyder fans I follow have always supported this film. Many see the success of The Batman as validation for the tone of BVS, and more proof that DC movies don't have to be fun and colorful to succeed. Maybe if haters of the cult would stop trying to use any opportunity to stick it to them, they wouldn't feel incited to review bomb anything 🤷‍♂️ . Why can't we all just move on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great film I really enjoyed it.

Don't think it was on the level of Reeves Apes films but still very engaging, I also like the changed up a lot of things for past Batman films and media, this felt unique. 

• Like 1

Pretty fantastic the movie sets itself apart immedietly by tone and mood and it doesn't let up. The constant game between Riddler and Batman was intriguing and was wonderfully surprised how much Gordon is in this film. Selina and Bruce undoubtly have very good chemistry (Batman is a far more interesting character whenever Selina was onscreen with him). Dano is unhinged and having a blast. 

Does lose a bit of steam towards the end but the ending of the movie made me understood how much the people behind this movie get who Batman should be as a character. 

• Like 7

Can someone tell me why it opens officially on the 4th and yet last night it had IMAX showings and now today, the third, it has full showings here in Toronto.  I don't get it.

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Can someone tell me why it opens officially on the 4th and yet last night it had IMAX showings and now today, the third, it has full showings here in Toronto.  I don't get it.

More and more movies are now pushing Thursday previews back even more. Many movies nowadays have a 3pm start  for Thursday previews. 

Batman also had fan screenings on Tuesday and Wednesday (limited shows but mostly Imax and plf, still enough to do like 2-4m USD through them). 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

Many studios recognize an opportunity to get that early WOM going with the prepreviews, but only WB has mastery of the preprepreview arts.

• Like 1

Some bold studio should just have shows from noon on Mon Tues Wed and Th while firmly informing the industry that as these are “special fan advance sneak limited events” they are actually part of the Friday OD gross. Just full UK that shit.

40 minutes ago, baumer said:

If you have the opportunity to make extra coin, why would you not take it?

13 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Idk why people say this movie is humorless when it's easily the funniest Batman movie outside of the intentionally campy Schumacher ones.

It's hilarious and in the perfect way for this movie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

If you have the opportunity to make extra coin, why would you not take it?

Because you are saturating the weekdays with your movie.  And is it really adding more to the gross?  I don't think it is.