Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Simu Liu got into a mild controversy for some posts he made on Reddit several years ago, although I think he might’ve addressed that stuff. As for Letitia Wright, I did hear that she was either liking or sharing tweets from transphobic people, although I’m not sure if the tweets themselves were transphobic. I

There was nothing about transpeople. They pulled that out of nowhere. It was like when they tried to get at Chris Pratt for going to a homophobic church… which is like 99% of churches on the planet.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Simu Liu got into a mild controversy for some posts he made on Reddit several years ago, although I think he might’ve addressed that stuff. As for Letitia Wright, I did hear that she was either liking or sharing tweets from transphobic people, although I’m not sure if the tweets themselves were transphobic. 

I suppose if we’re bringing up actor controversies, Evangeline Lilly did brag about attending an anti-vax rally that was held by a guy who compared vaccine mandates to the Holocaust, which people like Simu Liu actually called her out for. She’s also apparently a fan of Jordan Peterson. Honestly, if there’s one thing these past couple of years have taught me, it’s that there are more Hollywood actors with some fairly reactionary opinions than I assumed. 

Still, none of this stuff is on the same level as Ezra Miller’s baggage. Miller has very clear issues that need to be addressed, and there is no way they can continue playing the Flash. 

She shared and liked videos about "convertion" therapy on LGBT people many times.

48 minutes ago, AJG said:

I have no idea about the Simu thing you mentioned. I’m guessing it’s fake since it got no traction.

It was not fake, it was real. He posted that on Reddit at a age older than me. People there even leaked videos from his DMs there just to prove than it was his account.

People stopped talking about it because they didn't care. It's simple.

4 minutes ago, belblazer said:

She shared and liked videos about "convertion" therapy on LGBT people many times.

It was not fake, it was real. He posted that on Reddit at a age older than me. People there even leaked videos from his DMs there just to prove than it was his account.

People stopped talking about it because they didn't care. It's simple.

You seem like you want to defend Ezra by throwing mud at the wall on anybody else. Give it a rest. 

• Like 8

There’s tons of shitty people in Hollywood but that doesn’t really matter, it doesn’t change what Ezra has done or make it ok.

I also don’t think the movie should be “canned” just cause of Ezra. This situation really doesn’t have to be so complex imo, just move on from Ezra, that’s it. 

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

I get their dilemma. DCEU films have yet to really achieve both massive critical and commercial success together outside of the first Wonder Woman. If they think Flash could be their No Way Home, canning it is probably incredibly difficult. But also I don't see critics being nice to this movie anyways cause they'll all have been following this saga on social media. 

The dilmena is that Flash movie literally does something that NEEDS to happen in order for the DCEU to move on forward the way Zaslav and WB wants to, the movie needs to be released just for that purpose.

24 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

You seem like you want to defend Ezra by throwing mud at the wall on anybody else. Give it a rest. 

Wrong call, buddy. Literally nobody is defending Ezra. And it won't change nothing that these criminals are beloved and were/are vastly supported.

I think a general rule of thumb is that when an actor makes a big deal out of being a devout Christian (such as Chris Pratt and Letitia Wright), it’s an indication that they are likely to have certain controversial views. Chris Prattin particular, just recently went after “woke critics” who didn’t like his Amazon Prime show, which is, frankly, embarrassing. 

Anyway, those guys still aren’t on the same level as Ezra Miller, and as long as they avoid saying anything overtly stupid like Gina Carano did, they’ll probably be able to keep their jobs with Disney. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Wrong call, buddy. Literally nobody is defending Ezra. And it won't change nothing that these criminals are beloved and were/are vastly supported.

All those people you stated are "criminals" are they? Wrong call "buddy".

21 minutes ago, belblazer said:

RDJ is... he was even in prison. And god knows how didn't happen the same with Jeremy Renner and Josh Brolin. Hollywood is a weird place.

So not "all". Paul Bettany and Wright dont deserve to be mentioned in your "throw mud against the wall" approach.

32 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I think a general rule of thumb is that when an actor makes a big deal out of being a devout Christian (such as Chris Pratt and Letitia Wright), it’s an indication that they are likely to have certain controversial views. Chris Prattin particular, just recently went after “woke critics” who didn’t like his Amazon Prime show, which is, frankly, embarrassing. 

Anyway, those guys still aren’t on the same level as Ezra Miller, and as long as they avoid saying anything overtly stupid like Gina Carano did, they’ll probably be able to keep their jobs with Disney. 

So your saying being a Christian is controversial now??? like literally 60 percent of American and over a third of the world identifies as Christian. Also you can attend a church without agreeing with 100% of what they preach. I would be shocked if I found a church that believes exactly the same way I do. 

This is like not even a remotely close comparing to Ezra Miller's actions. although if they were a conservative they would have been canceled a long time ago. 

• ...wtf 1

20 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

So not "all". Paul Bettany and Wright dont deserve to be mentioned in your "throw mud against the wall" approach.

lmao

Imagine planning to kill and rape the dead body of a woman, but it's ok since you just planned but didn't do it.

48 minutes ago, Kalo said:

So your saying being a Christian is controversial now???

No? That’s a really baffling read on what I said, and I don’t know how anyone could come to that conclusion, unless they’re just a bad faith troll. All I said was that many of the actors in Hollywood who like to preach about their Christianity also seem to have some not so progressive views in certain areas. If you’re offended by me pointing that out, that’s on you. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Just dump this on streaming and be done with it. If it's not complete dogshit like almost every other DCEU movie then maybe WB get a tiny subscription bump. Or do they not care about HBO Max anymore? It's hard to keep up.

Edited by Hatebox

7 hours ago, AJG said:

There was nothing about transpeople. They pulled that out of nowhere. It was like when they tried to get at Chris Pratt for going to a homophobic church… which is like 99% of churches on the planet.

But Pratt's church is not just homophobic, its founder is also accused of hiding his pedophile father's sexual abuse of multiple little boys:

https://www.thecut.com/2021/08/hillsongs-brian-houston-concealed-child-sex-abuse-police.html