Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

15 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

i expect flash to be great but its not even gonna be the best multiverse movie in June tbh

Hide contents

hey-spider-man.gif

trailers havent convinced me

Just now, Grebacio said:

What if... Flash OD over Shazam 2 DOM?

All this stuff with Shazam is so depressing, I like Sandberg a lot, feel bad for him that all these changes happened and WB has other focuses now. I hope the movie turns out well and it can at least make like 100m domestic. 

• Like 2

Shazam 2 test screenings were bad. I saw 3 people who rated it very low on LB.

The rumors about The Flash test screening being good are indeed true. But if you believe the claims about being better than The Dark Knight or on the same level... well, I think you're in for a rude awakening lol

The very very few users I've seen who logged TF on Letterboxd (I follow a bunch of reliable people who are always attending test screenings) haven't ranked it above The Batman, which came out less than a year ago. But you never know with the GP, when they consider those Avengers movies better than TDK so to be fair you can't rule that out lol

Edited by Lighthouse

I wouldn't ever rate a movie on LB until I've seen the finished product. Temp music/VFX/missing inserts/etc. can be a huge stain on an initial assessment, speaking as someone who works as Head of Development at a small production company and frequently attends (and hosts) test screenings.

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

I wouldn't ever rate a movie on LB until I've seen the finish product. Temp music/VFX/missing inserts/etc. can be a huge stain on an initial assessment, speaking as someone who works as Head of Development at a small production company and frequently attends (and hosts) test screenings.

As someone who attended a few test screenings before, including for an upcoming superhero movie, I agree with all that and I don't want to risk getting sued.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

I wouldn't ever rate a movie on LB until I've seen the finish product. Temp music/VFX/missing inserts/etc. can be a huge stain on an initial assessment, speaking as someone who works as Head of Development at a small production company and frequently attends (and hosts) test screenings.

Agreed.

fwiw I didn't hear SHAZAM 2 test screenings were bad, just that it was over-long and not as good as the first. But everyone I know who saw it still thought it was at least kind of fun. I know it's a good 20-30 minutes shorter than it was during early test screenings so I hope that smooths over most of the issues.

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Shazam 2 test screenings were bad. I saw 3 people who rated it very low on LB.

The rumors about The Flash test screening being good are indeed true. But if you believe the claims about being better than The Dark Knight or on the same level... well, I think you're in for a rude awakening lol

The very very few users I've seen who logged TF on Letterboxd (I follow a bunch of reliable people who are always attending test screenings) haven't ranked it above The Batman, which came out less than a year ago. But you never know with the GP, when they consider those Avengers movies better than TDK so to be fair you can't rule that out lol

hasnt the movie changed quite a bit between test screenings?

22 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Agreed.

fwiw I didn't hear SHAZAM 2 test screenings were bad, just that it was over-long and not as good as the first. But everyone I know who saw it still thought it was at least kind of fun. I know it's a good 20-30 minutes shorter than it was during early test screenings so I hope that smooths over most of the issues.

That's some good intel, which I promise to keep in this thread and this thread only 😉

I think Shazam 2 is bound for financial disappointment, but I hope it can at least receive decent reception. 70s on RT would be enough imo. I adore the first movie - think it's one of the best written CBMs of the past 6-7 years

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

I adore the first movie - think it's one of the best written CBMs of the past 6-7 years

same, but none of the firsts charm seems present in this one (at least from what the trailers show)

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Sad 1

creed 3 is mostly getting 7/10 reviews; flash might be good for a superhero movie, but nothing ive seen or read makes me think itll be a masterpiece or anything like that

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

5 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

creed 3 is mostly getting 7-7.5/10 reviews; flash might be good for a superhero movie, but nothing ive seen or read makes me think itll be a masterpiece or anything like that

Has anyone said this is a masterpiece? Maybe @ViewerAnoncan correct me if I’m wrong but I believe all that was said was it was DC best tested movie since the dark knight, not that it’s as good as the dark knight or anything. I think it was just a crowd pleaser and that’s probably why the movie tested well and WB is confident. Maybe some sites have ran some BS articles but all I remember reading is WB is confident in this and it has tested well. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Has anyone said this is a masterpiece? Maybe @ViewerAnoncan correct me if I’m wrong but I believe all that was said was it was DC best tested movie since the dark knight, not that it’s as good as the dark knight or anything. I think it was just a crowd pleaser and that’s probably why the movie tested well and WB is confident. Maybe some sites have ran some BS articles but all I remember reading is WB is confident in this and it has tested well. 

might have gotten punked by the "best dc movie ever" some sites were running with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

And lucky for fans, The Flash might provide the old DCU with a proper farewell, as the film is reportedly excellent. As Gunn puts it:

“Can I say one more thing? The Flash is fucking amazing. Like it's one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. [Director] Andy Muschietti did an amazing job.”

Blame Gunn, my friend — Blame Gunn.

("one of the best" ≠ "better than Dark Knight", mind)

((Game of Telephone at its finest, really))

• Like 1