Eric the Minion

Disney+ MCU: Ms. Marvel | June 8 2022 | Directors include Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon

No surprise, this is charming af. And I mean all characters so far - Kamala, her parents, Bruno, etc - super super likable and with distinctive perosnalities. Great chemsitry. Also, creativity abound. Animation is chef's kiss. The only bad thing is that they released 1 episode instead of 2. 

:bravo: 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 7

The change to her powers is some weird cgi blob and it's a little cringy in places but this fucking kicked ass. 

Kamala khan and bruno are super likable and charming and have a really Good chemistry, like her family too.

Creativity in terms of visual style here is superb, chefs kiss.

Everything at avengerscon on was  awesome and love the way she gets her powers and her reaction to it was fucking Gold.

Nature of this show may not work for some but this show knows what it is and has fully embraced it.

Best pilot episode of the mcu shows so far IMO.

• Like 2

It's not bad. It has actual spark and visual integrity in every frame. Remember color and camerawork and bouncy transitions?! The pace is snappy and it nails the appeal of Marvel mythology, especially on a young impressionable child. I think the only problems are that these powers just don't look cool on screen and Kamala is so similar to Steinfeld on Hawkeye. I'm hoping it'll deepen once show digs more into her background

Yeah, the show is cute.  All the characters are likeable and fun.  I also enjoy the look into Avengers fandom in the MCU, it was fun to see how ordinary people see the superheroes.  It feels like this show is a love letter to fans (and fandom in general)- Avengers fangirl gets the ultimate wish fulfillment fantasy and becomes a superhero.  I predict that this show will be a fan favorite, particularly for those who grew up with marvel as a big part of the childhoods.

• Like 2

Seeing how strong this first episode was (as Cap said, miles away the best premiere episode of any Disney+ MCU show so far), I kind of wish this were a big screen film, but oh well, at least there is space for more character and relationship development on a show, something I feel all the Spidey films (the other Marvel franchise with a strong supporting cast) shortchanged on due to lack of time.

Iman and the cast are killing it, as are Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah. The visual flourishes are wonderful (Scott Pilgrim is the blueprint, I love it). Enjoyed Bad Boys For Life but they seem to be an even better fit for superhero stuff. Excited to see what they do with Batgirl now.

It's finally happening, Kamala Khan is in the MCU

Ms Marvel Kamala GIF - Ms Marvel Kamala Kamala Khan - Discover & Share GIFs

PS The new powers are superior. Let Reed keep the fugly stretchy shit.

• Like 2

Wow, if it sticks the landing it’ll be the first good MCU tv show. Really enjoyed this also it’s amazing that Kamala and her world is far more fleshed out than Peter Parker and his world in his first five MCU appearances. It’s basically like what if MCU Spider-Man if done with care.

Edited by YourMother
  • ...wtf 1

WOW this was amazing, I am in LOVE! I hope the rest of the episodes are as fun and charming as this one. I guess as a South Asian person I was able to connect with this one more than other shows. All the cultural references, the use of urdu language, etc helped elevate this show for me over most others. 

I love Kamala, she is so charming and well played. Bruno is great too, I hope they dont mess him up in future episodes. The family members are well done too. I understand that maybe the mother might be off putting for some, but they nailed the traditional conservative overly concerned mother. If anything the family comes off as less conservative than a typical desi family would be IRL when it comes to a teenage girl. 

This is right up there as the best start to an MCU show for me with WandaVision and Loki, maybe even better than them. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 10:18 AM, ZeeSoh said:

I understand that maybe the mother might be off putting for some, but they nailed the traditional conservative overly concerned mother. If anything the family comes off as less conservative than a typical desi family would be IRL when it comes to a teenage girl. 

The Show Mom is downright soft compared to the comics

ms-marvel-4.png