YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

14 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Updates on the RT scores:
Verified: 91%, 4.4 avg score, 50+ votes
All Audience: 52%, 2.9 avg score, 250+ scores

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I know the reception is mixed but that All Aud score reeks of what Turning Red's All Aud score was for bit before it eventually settled back into the low 70s.

Oh yeah "all audience" for Lightyear is 100% butthurt people whose views should not count. because they did not see the movie.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The kiss happens in the first 1/3 of the movie and the character who receives it is shot from the back so, like, you know it is a kiss but the way it is framed you don't actually see it.

Dumb people just need to fucking chill. It is a sweet small moment and I am happy it exists. 

It shouldn't matter even if it is a big moment ofc

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well apparently Sonic 2 has a 96% verified audience score... that seems pretty high.

I'm still shocked that didn't get a 3+ multi from it's OW DOM. When I saw it, I maybe didn't love but it felt like a fun movie that would be loved... Guess I just overestimated the size of the Sonic audience. I genuinely think that is an overwhelming liked movie by people that saw it now just due to that audience score. Everyone I know that saw it thought it was a blast.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AniNate said:

It shouldn't matter even if it is a big moment ofc

I honestly wish it was not shot from the back tbh. It is a lovely moment set in a point of the movie that really makes you feel how time flies by so fast.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The movie is being review bombed on RT, to surprise of no one i think, since on social media this is being discussed for several days.

Verified audience reviews at 100% with 4.8/5 average 

Unverified is at 40% with 2.3/5 average tho

As an LGBTQIA+ person this makes me very angry, it's not a movie about a gay kiss, i'm 100% sure is just a sideline plot, and despite being such a small part of the history, we still have to deal with people questioning it as we don't have the right to see us represented for 30 seconds in a 110 minutes movie without being attacked and accused of destroy childrens lives.

I mean, this happens everytime a movie do the mininum for representation, it's expected, i just gets angrier every time it happens.

I think in 2022 Disney/Pixar needs to do better at representation.

At the end of the day we’re supposed to believe the only ‘star’ character from the movie Andy saw back in 1995 is the white male lead…

We get the trope ‘strong’ person of color in a leadership role who now also is a member of the LGBT+ community relegated and marginalized to a side kick…

Where’s all the merchandise/love for Commander Hawthorne and Izzy from all the kids in the Toy Story universe?!?!

Tokenism is nothing Hollywood/Disney/Pixar should be patting themselves on the back over!

Real change will happen when they finally give  the lead to a LGBT+ character.

If there is a sequel, how about Izzy star and buzz stay in the background?

Kind of weird all the noise over the kiss when it wasn't even noticeable; I missed it completely.

Also, it's a little weird to think about how in the Toy Story 'verse, this movie would've come out in 94/95. In our universe, I don't think that kind of positive depiction of a same-sex relationship, however brief, would have even been in a mainstream movie at the time. Especially not one suitable for kids. Chasing Amy was the first mainstream movie I saw with gay characters that weren't depicted negatively or as stereotypes. That came out in 97 and was fairly cutting-edge at the time, and was definitely not for kids.

Edited by Orestes

2 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Kind of weird all the noise over the kiss when it wasn't even noticeable; I missed it completely.

Also, it's a little weird to think about how in the Toy Story 'verse, this movie would've come out in 94/95. In our universe, I don't think that kind of positive depiction of a same-sex relationship, however brief, would have even been in a mainstream movie at the time. Especially not one suitable for kids. Chasing Amy came out in 97 and that was fairly cutting-edge at the time, and was definitely not for kids.

It’s just culture war bullshit. People making excuses to feel outraged about.

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Surprised that this went below 90% on RT verified. Feel like that's bad for a kids movie.

Won't be kids movie I guess. Will have old audience.

54% audience for TS4 were over 25. Lightyear could be even more.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Previews box office for Pixar titles in recent 10 years

Onward - $2M

Toy Story 4 - $12M

Incredibles 2 - $18.5M

Coco - $2.3M

Cars 3 - $2.8M

Finding Dory - $9.2M

The Good Dinosaur - $1.3M

Insider Out - $3.7M

Monsters University - $2.6M

It’s doing over Sing 2, so we should be happy. Forget about the fact that it’s looking likely to not do 200m domestic or 400m worldwide (the latter of which would be under Sing 2). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

It’s doing over Sing 2, so we should be happy. Forget about the fact that it’s looking likely to not do 200m domestic or 400m worldwide (the latter of which would be under Sing 2). 

um if this is true then the “flop incoming” in the title could be looking accurate