Eric Prime

Nope | Jordan Peele | Keke Palmer, Daniel Kaluuya, Steven Yeun star | July 22, 2022

6 hours ago, Grebacio said:

I just realized that this will most likely be on PVOD (which menas it will also be on 4k on piracy sites) the week it releases overseas

It’ll never be native 4K on a piracy site btw. 

Universal might go longer, depending on if Peele has a deal like Shyamalan. 

Candyman went after 3 weeks though, which Peele produced but didn’t promote on his socials on release week.

Edited by Krissykins

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Does this even have any hype? I'm struggling to see this open above $30m.

When in reality...a strong marketing push would have easily allowed this to open over $50m.

Deadline give a 50m opening prediction and usually they lowball their prediction so that you know just how bad LY turns out to be when it even missed their estimate. 

13 minutes ago, Noctis said:

When in reality...a strong marketing push would have easily allowed this to open over $50m.

Presales look good, 40-50M seems totally possible if reviews didn't bring them down 

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

I've seen ads for this literally nonstop on TV the past two weeks. Whether they've been effective is debatable I suppose, but Universal's certainly getting awareness out there.

• Like 4

A friend saw this at the projection screening and says it's a lot of fun and basically Jaws from the above. So I said, wait, isn't Sharknado the Jaws from the above and he said there's no literal shark you stupid. :lol: He really liked it, says other managers liked it too. Coupled with positive reviews from  Letterboxd, it should play well with audience at least.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 1

Don't think it will be universal acclaim, but certainly seems like a lot of folks love it. Tough to tell from the reactions, as it seems somewhat divisive, but plenty have said it's crowd pleasing. May just be one of those movies that doesn't necessarily get the best audience score but still gets solid legs based on the whole, "you just gotta go see it" factor,

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The trailer doesn't suggest a R-rating but it get one. Similar to Get out, I don't think Go should get R-rated. Even the black phone R-rating seem harsh. Did MPAA rating got stricter and stricter? 

You are forgetting that we can't subject our precious babies to swear words.

6 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

You are forgetting that we can't subject our precious babies to swear words.

Arnt you allotted a a single F bomb as long as it isnt used in sexual context or something .  MPAA is really whack 

Edit: can anyone school me in how to add a new reply into a post as an edit so i dont double post like this, i tried.  Example I wanted to add this reply to post above but i dont know how to insert it.  

Edited by Borf the Borf