Eric is Quiet

House of the Dragon | GOT Spin-off | Season 2 June 2024

Best episode so far. You could feel the stakes, the characters are all well rounded and you can actually understand their motivations and most of all noone is completely right or completely wrong. The wedding scene was of course the highlight. I was completely enthralled by it. And you can actually say each time the dance of dragons was set up. All the little nobs to it. I love this show so much.

• Like 1

I'm LOVING this show so far. I have Not read the book and that's good. I didn't read anything with GOT either but I got into that show like 3-4 years into it. I just like being back into the GOT world. Seeing the Targaryen's at the height of their power or I guess the descent of their power actually. The characters are interesting so far and I'm very interested where it goes. I'm not going to be excited about dragons dying. BTW, I'm rewatching GOT while watching this and episode 1 and 2 of that are just...so good. I also wanted to rewatch because I didn't remember how Daenerys got her dragon eggs. So it was a wedding gift and the guy says time had turned them to stone, so now I gotta see why they hatched. Also some lady in the episode was saying how men had killed all the dragons, so I'm not excited about seeing dragons get killed as Rhaegal and Viserion dying were moments. Anyway, this show has me glued each week. Appointment tv no question. 

• Like 2

I wanted to binge this after the finale but caved in because it's already become inescapeable on the internet and spoilers are just flying around everywhere.

It's very good, especially from ep.4 on and put me back in a real GoT mood. When that show ended like THAT, I thought I might give the asoiaf books a try if/when  Martin finally writes the next book which aint happening, but I kinda want to read them now despite being forever unfinished.

Only thing I didn't like was the 3 year time jump in between episodes where every one looks the same and continues on their thing like barely a week has passed. I understand there's a big gap where nothing of note happens but now that they did the big casting change time jump is it gonna be more continuous or are we gonna jump a couple of years every other episode?

21 minutes ago, Joel M said:

is it gonna be more continuous or are we gonna jump a couple of years every other episode?

I think there’s still 2-3 more years to go until we really get to the main story of this timeline. So presumably more time jumps, but not years at a time. Season 2 should be when we have continuous storytelling.

Edit: Mathed wrong. It’s actually like 4-5 years, and that’s assuming they follow the book dates. So time jumps of multiple years will probably happen. But I still think Season 2 will be continuous.

Edited by Inceptionzq
  • Like 1

A lot to get into with this episode. Book spoilers in the tags so only click only if you already know or if you do not care.

First off, we hit an important milestone with the Vhagar Incident. In a series of points of no return, this was a big one. A few of the details got tweaked, but the main gist of it stays true to the source. The big takeaway from it remains

Spoiler

We now have our origin story for Aemond the Supervillain of the Dance of the Dragons.

We had ourselves a major change from the source material with how a certain character turned out.

Spoiler

In the book, Qarl actually does murder Laenor in public for reasons unknown. Here, they give Laenor a happy ending running off to Essos with Qarl and a faked death, also allowing Rhaenyra to marry Daemon. I highly suspect they changed this ending for Laenor precisely because they expected a negative reaction to how they had Sir Joffrey get killed.

Based on not being around for a second episode in a row, it looks like to me that they have cut Daeron, the third son of Alicent and Viserys, from the show, since in the book he's around the same age as Jacecerys or Lucerys, I forget which. If so, it figures they cut out the one of the sons who doesn't have issues.

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Now I'm remembering all the people social media & click-bait articles jumping the gun a couple of episodes ago saying GOT is mean to gay characters (even though everyone dies on these shows) and I know they'll never do a single retraction.