WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread: Candyman 22.37M OW | Free Guy 13.5M, PAW Patrol 6.6M, Jungle Cruise 5M

22 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Here’s the thing from a cinema employee: that 25% can come to a movie if they want. They just need their shots. 

it’s that easy :)

If those 25% haven't gotten them by now, I don't think movie theatres being off limits to them is going to make them get the shot now.  :)

I watched the original Candyman today. I didn't understood the ending. :kitschjob: 

Like, why did he put Helen in that fire with the baby? Did he wanted Helen to continue his legacy? Why kill the baby then? What was the point of all of that?

Great social commentary in the movie tho, still relevant nearly 30 years later.

Edited by CJohn

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I watched the original Candyman today. I didn't understood the ending. :kitschjob: 

Like, why did he put Helen in that fire with the baby? Did he wanted Helen to continue his legacy? Why kill the baby then? What was the point of all of that?

Great social commentary in the movie tho, still relevant nearly 30 years later.

Helen was supposed to sacrifice herself so that the baby wouldn't die and continue his legacy. Instead she takes the baby's place. The omission of Helen's ghost in the sequel is very weird though (don't think she returned in the original sequel either).

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Helen was supposed to sacrifice herself so that the baby wouldn't die and continue his legacy. Instead she takes the baby's place. The omission of Helen's ghost in the sequel is very weird though (don't think she returned in the original sequel either).

You shouldn't be spoiling things from this year's movie wtf :winomg:

Helen does sacrifice herself so... and the baby doesn't die either. Was that the plan? Candyman wants both to stay inside the fire at the end.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Helen does sacrifice herself so... and the baby doesn't die either. Was that the plan? Candyman wants both to stay inside the fire at the end.

No guarantees the new movie follows the same script.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying they retconned the original film (especially when Virginia Madsen wasn't cast here). As much of a spoiler as saying Tony Todd is is in this. Not sure about why he forced both of them to stay in the fire.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Disbelief 1

Not a single movie released so far would have been in my top 5 domestic for the year in a scenario with the exact same movies released but no COVID or streaming except MAYBE Black Widow at number five.  None of the movies I am banking on to be mega hits have dropped yet. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying they retconned the original film (especially when Virginia Madsen wasn't cast here). As much of a spoiler as saying Tony Todd is is in this. Not sure about why he forced both of them to stay in the fire.

Then my doubts stay the same. The ending of the 92 movie doesn't make much sense. I really don't get Candyman's plan. 

I plan on watching the new one next weekend.

Edited by CJohn

Well, we won't have to worry about box office from New Orleans for a while....

The levees seem to be holding but the wind and the rain are doing major damage.

And on the 16th anniversary of Katrina to the day.

7 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

DOM top 5 would be what, MCU+wildcard? GvK or M4? Perhaps only 3 would make it, then 2 of M4/GvK/some random overperformer?

My predictions in a non-COVID environment would be Spider-Man, Matrix, Top Gun, then some combo of Eternals/Bond/Widow (domestically).

Sincerely wish that Matrix would just move to MLK Weekend without the HBO max release, and that wish only increased with the NWH trailer. Sounds like that ship has sailed tho and with it probably around 100m lol

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Sincerely wish that Matrix would just move to MLK Weekend without the HBO max release, and that wish only increased with the NWH trailer. Sounds like that ship has sailed tho and with it probably around 100m lol

I was also thinking this morning how Matrix should move to MLK weekend. We all know the Jan curse is a bunch of bullshit and just no HBO Max makes it a much better spot than December. Considering that there is no trailer yet (although I feel like it might be out this week), we could still see it move to 2022.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I was also thinking this morning how Matrix should move to MLK weekend. We all know the Jan curse is a bunch of bullshit and just no HBO Max makes it a much better spot than December. Considering that there is no trailer yet (although I feel like it might be out this week), we could still see it move to 2022.

IIRC, there was a Variety article or whatever a couple weeks back that basically said all of the WB actors got their backend deals paid off due to HBO Max, including Keanu Reeves. I think if they did it now, it would basically lead to even more negotiations and/or complicated deal situations, or they just can't back out of it because it was already taken care of.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2