MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

6 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I think Tenet needed something in the first half of the film that settled it down. Also a better lead actor... Like Inception had!

I have seen Tenet at least half a dozen times and I find it have a great repeat value. That said I agree on the lead. I wish JDW had the charisma of his father. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

Don't get the Interstellar love. Honestly that and TDKR turned me off big time. Guess my Nolan love was never meant to pass my prime. 😛 

I don’t like TDKR and the more the years go by, more I appreciate Batman Begins over TDK.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I have seen Tenet at least half a dozen times and I find it have a great repeat value. That said I agree on the lead. I wish JDW had the charisma of his father. 

wonder if Denzel looks at him and feels the same way, shaking his head in disappointment.

I watched The Creator trailer and... he just seems so flat. There were a couple of moments in Tenet where he showed potential but overall ya, that role being so (purposefully) shallow needed someone dripping charisma. Can't help but wonder how Idris Elba would have fared...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mldardy said:

You love Nolan but you found one of his best movies meh. OK

I mean everyone has different tastes. Sci-Fi is my favorite genre. Interstellar is probably in my all time top5 favorite movies list...I watched it like 6-7 times in theatres but I could barely watch Dunkirk for the first time. Visually good I guess but on the whole, I found it bit meh and boring. I loved Tenet too. 

This is how I would rank Nolan's movies - 

Interstellar > Inception > Memento > Tenet > TDK > Prestige > TDKR > BB >  Insomnia > Dunkirk

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

This could be Nolan's year. This is going to be a bonafide blockbuster with rave reviews on a critical point in history. 

Pff. Nah. He should get nominated (at the very least it's locked in for a picture nod, and he has a good chance at directing), but he ain't winning. BUT, I think this will further cement him as the guy that pulls together a fantastic team and lets them do their thing, leading to below-the-line tech awards. Possibly RDJ coming for Supporting, which would also further his pull with pretty much any actor in Hollywood. I kinda want to see Leo work with him again.

11 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Even Insomnia has 92% lol. I love Nolan but I find Dunkirk, Insomnia to be meh...somehow both these have >90% on RT whereas my fav Nolan movies - Interstellar, Inception have 73%, 87%

This might be reaching but it seems like his big concept movies relying heavily on science and science fiction, are not embraced by critics nearly as much as his more pedestrian or familiar subjects. Inverting entropy will figuratively fry brains more than detonating a nuclear bomb.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Don't get the Interstellar love. Honestly that and TDKR turned me off big time. Guess my Nolan love was never meant to pass my prime. 😛 

Interstellar was quite deep but I never got the TDKR and especially inception hype. I thought Inception was a bit to confusing for me. I think the only one that is not blown out of proportion which is a solid project that Nolan has done is Momento 

Edited by Geo1500

Inception is my favorite movie of all time. Period. The hallway sequence where Arthur fights the henchman while floating in a rotating hotel made my jaw drop really hard when I saw that in the theatrer. The music also is incredibly epic and memorable, best Zimmer score since the original Lion King. That movie was peak cinema for me.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

Nolan is a cinema god.

We should appreciate him and his movies more. I dread the day when he announces his last film.

time to dust off that Jesus Nolan meme.

4 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I think there's quite a few more to come tbh, most of the reviews I've looked at have, at a glance, been 10/10s or 5/5s

:ohmygod:

I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened MC page and kept scrolling down and scrolling and scrolling til first not 100 review popped up. Critics decided this should win everything so the ball is in AMPAS court now.

4 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Inception is my favorite Chris Nolan movie of all time. The hallway sequence where Arthur fights the henchman while floating in a rotating hotel made my jaw drop really hard when I saw that in the theatrer. The music also is incredibly epic and memorable, best Zimmer score since the original Lion King. That movie was peak cinema for me.

Lately I prefer to watch movies in a very empty auditorium, but the spinning top at the end of Inception provided a very memorable experience with a crowded auditorium on opening weekend. There were audible gasps and yells, along with a lot of buzz in the audience leaving the theater. 

• Like 4