charlie Jatinder

SHANG CHI SECOND WEEKEND THREAD: 35.8M (-53%), DILF Leung Conquers #1 Spot | Free Guy 5.8, Malignant 5.6, Candyman 4.9, Jungle Cruise 2.4, Card Counter 1.1

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well at least SC will drop only 53% coming of a holiday, so great news, we're finally getting our +200M movie.

Very curious for 3rd weekend, then we'll know if we're heading to an expected 215-220M finish or if have a shot at 250M.

In or Out:

Spider-Man: No Way Home over $500M DOM

19 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well at least SC will drop only 53% coming of a holiday, so great news, we're finally getting our +200M movie.

Very curious for 3rd weekend, then we'll know if we're heading to an expected 215-220M finish or if have a shot at 250M.

I think the 45 day window as well as the back to back openers Venom & NTTD cuts short it's legs too much for $250m.   TWS which finished at $259m will have a near $14m lead after this weekend going into a week boosted a bit by Spring Break and Easter where SC will most likely lose more ground.

TWS

3rd w/e drop -38%  ($200,501,510)

4th w/e drop - 36.6%  ($225,059,241)

5th w/e - 52.1% (ASM opens) - ( $237,155,480)  (Venom 2 will open against SC)

6th w/e - 26% ($245,128,338)  (NTTD opens)

7th w/e - -36.3% ($250,532,304)  (SC will be going PV or Free Streaming)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think the 45 day window as well as the back to back openers Venom & NTTD cuts short it's legs too much for $250m.   TWS which finished at $259m will have a near $14m lead after this weekend going into a week boosted a bit by Spring Break and Easter where SC will most likely lose more ground.

TWS

3rd w/e drop -38%  ($200,501,510)

4th w/e drop - 36.6%  ($225,059,241)

5th w/e - 52.1% (ASM opens) - ( $237,155,480)  (Venom 2 will open against SC)

6th w/e - 26% ($245,128,338)  (NTTD opens)

7th w/e - -36.3% ($250,532,304)  (SC will be going PV or Free Streaming)

I doubt that the 45 window will have an affect....a quite place holds were very good after 45 days and also by then the movie will have made most of its money anyways ......

Edited by john2000

34 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

In or Out:

Spider-Man: No Way Home over $500M DOM

Out.

I see only 1 movie having the potential to do and that's Eternals. It's a wildcard in that sense. 

I think Eternals will either do average or will just blow up big time. 

Otherwise no 2021 movie for 500m domestic. 

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

Out.

I see only 1 movie having the potential to do and that's Eternals. It's a wildcard in that sense. 

yeah a spiderman movie with toby and andrew vs eternals and the movie with the best chance are the eternals..seems right to me...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

Out.

Um...wtf makes you think Eternals BO will be anywhere close to Spider-Man?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

250M is pretty much dead, unless the drops in next 10 days are rock solid. For now thinking $235M closing for it.

250 will need 33% weekly drops or better, I currently have it around 37.5% weekly drops on average.

i mean 👀

Just now, john2000 said:

I doubt that the 45 window will have an affect....i quite place keep holding fantastic after 45 days and also by then the movie will have made most of its money anyways ......

Disney + >>>>  Viacom in terms of subscribers

The point is in order for SC to have any chance to hit $250 it would require strong late legs unless it's going to have 25-30% drops for the next two weeks

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Disney + >>>>  Viacom in terms of subscribers

The point is in order for SC to have any chance to hit $250 it would require strong late legs unless it's going to have 25-30% drops for the next two weeks

you forget that we dont know what will happen when these 45 days come......anyways first things first lets see 200 dom first

Edited by john2000

Just now, JWR said:

$500M DOM for Spider-Man seems like a pipe dream at this stage in the recovery. 

shang chi  will finish with 220 plus...and then eternals will likely hit 300 dom... you think that spidey cant top that by a decent margin ?

• Like 1

Just now, john2000 said:

shang chi  will finish with 220 plus...and then eternals will likely hit 300 dom... you think that spidey cant top that by a decent margin ?

I think No Way Home will wind up somewhere closer to $400M-450M DOM. It's certainly possible to reach the $500M mark with how much hype is surrounding it, but I'm still being *somewhat* cautious.

• Like 1