Eric the Minion

VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE WEEKEND THREAD | 90.1M OW! Biggest pandemic opening!

AT&T truly screwed WB this year. Matrix 4 could be huge if it wont be free on streaming from day 1. Even Dune would have opened to 50m+ with a pure theatrical release. I hope WB let go of whoever made the stupid decision. Bravo to Sony to sticking to theatrical release. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah HBO Max fucked themselves in the second half of the year. It killed In The Heights very real box office and Oscar chances.

Did it have them to begin with?

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

AT&T truly screwed WB this year. Matrix 4 could be huge if it wont be free on streaming from day 1. Even Dune would have opened to 50m+ with a pure theatrical release. I hope WB let go of whoever made the retarded decision. Bravo to Sony to sticking to theatrical release. 

I think even TSS lost a big chunk of money looking at how it did in the UK. Though it wouldn't have been huge either way but at least it wouldn't have been embarrassingly bad. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-box-office-forecast-venom-let-there-be-carnage-the-addams-family-2-the-many-saints-of-newark/

Film Distributor 3-Day Weekend Forecast Projected Domestic Total through Sunday, October 3 Location Count % Change from Last Wknd
Venom: Let There Be Carnage Sony Pictures / Columbia $71,000,000 $71,000,000 4,225 NEW
The Addams Family 2 United Artists Releasing $16,100,000 $16,100,000 4,207 NEW
The Many Saints of Newark Warner Bros. Pictures $9,000,000 $9,000,000 ~3,300 NEW
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Disney / Marvel Studios $6,200,000 $206,100,000 3,455 -52%
Dear Evan Hansen Universal Pictures $2,800,000 $12,200,000 3,364 -62%
Free Guy 20th Century Studios $2,300,000 $117,600,000 2,545 -44%
Candyman Universal Pictures $1,500,000 $59,200,000 1,745 -41%
Jungle Cruise Walt Disney Studios $900,000 $116,300,000 1,375 -48%
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Did it have them to begin with?

Olga Merediz absolutely. They could have made this a big cultural phenomenon like Hamilton or Crazy Rich Asians and turned a cast full of no-names into huge stars and they completely fucking whiffed it.

Edited by SpiderByte

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sopranos is going to be particularly hit by HBO Max, given that people are used to logging on to HBO Max to watch it anyway. A real shame - could have done 20m OW.

Well, hopefully the sequel gets made and then it can do 25-30M :whosad: 

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Honestly if a sequel gets made it'd likely be HBO Max original.

David Chase said that he never would've done Newark if he knew about the Max stunt before the pandemic, so Warner will probably play nice and give him the sequel theatrically if the Max numbers are good (which they should be).

2 hours ago, Cap said:

@EmpireCity

Now that you got that out of your system, for the rest of the month, I look forward to your posts that actually further the conversation.

captain america marvel GIF

Ha, good luck with that. Y'all letting that blowhard remain here all this time instead of banning him like he's earned, repeatedly, is sad. Ahh well, he occasionally provides numbers so being a huge dipshit is acceptable. 

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

David Chase said that he never would've done Newark if he knew about the Max stunt before the pandemic, so Warner will probably play nice and give him the sequel theatrically if the Max numbers are good (which they should be).

Honestly I assumed this movie was meant to basically kick off a new show.

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Honestly I assumed this movie was meant to basically kick off a new show.

The plan seems to be 1-2 more movies chronicling Tony's growth. Terence Winter will be co-writing the next one with Chase if it comes to fruition.