Eric Prime

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

I also wonder how much the editing process played a role in this delay. Denis decided on some Re-shoots/new scenes while editing Part 1. With the strikes, he does not have the ability to do that, so maybe they played a role in the delay?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I would be willing to bet cash money that Color Purple, Napoleon, and Hunger Games move too. December theaters are going to be fucking barren, Aquaman and Wonka playing to empty screens. Death of the industry.

It feels like the other studios are really afraid of going up against Aquaman 2 since Aquaman crushed it back in 2018 with the same date.

I also think Wonka could do well as a Christmas musical.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Eric the Car said:

Thank you. Really needed to make that change.

But you know? Like...Wonka's staying. Color Purple's staying. My babies will both be in movies this Christmas. It's fine. It's all fine. Everything happens for a reason. It's fine.

Separate cases. Dune would be decided separately because they'd need Legendary to agree to one. Those could still move.

26 minutes ago, TMP said:

On the one hand, i’m excited to see the once in a generation clusterfuck this is turning into and almost hope wb dont drop a trailer until like november, but i also worry it could genuinely kill wan’s career. We need a malignant sequel.

If the production issues are true, there's no way he continues at WB lol. Pretty sure he signed a deal with Universal after too.

Once more, there is absolutely no point in moving Aquaman 2. If the movie is really DOA, then they might as well get it over with. At least it might have some chance in December, as opposed to pretty much any other month. Of course, common sense doesn’t seem to be Zaslav’s strong suit, so I suppose we can’t rule out the possibility. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Squire said:

March seems like a bad release month for this. Just disappointing news. 

If Marvels isn’t delayed, I GUARANTEE it moves up to 11/3. That’s what Disney has wanted all along. Effing Mouse . . . 

Marvels already started doing TV spots and such, which means they were willing to go for it. As for moving up, they did move Avengers up on much shorter notice so I definitely think they'll take advantage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Once more, there is absolutely no point in moving Aquaman 2. If the movie is really DOA, then they might as well get it over with. At least it might have some chance in December, as opposed to pretty much any other month. Of course, common sense doesn’t seem to be Zaslav’s strong suit, so I suppose we can’t rule out the possibility. 

Aquaman would do better with no press than questions where the actors are clearly embarrassed of what they made lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Aquaman would do better with no press than questions where the actors are clearly embarrassed of what they made lol

James Wan doing the whole promo tour by himself they're gonna put this man in the hospital again.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Killers of the Flower Moon might be my only cinema trip for the rest of the year? maybe The Creator if it's good but jeez it's looking rough out there.

idk between casting the two least charismatic actors in Hollywood as lovers and the fact that Gareth Edwards cannot do human drama at all (it almost feels like any form of humanity is a repellant for him when watching Godzilla lol), i don't have too much faith but given that it's about AI maybe that makes it perfect. idk. it looks very pretty!

Praying Napoleon is good but knowing Ridley there's only like a 30% window of success, and it seems to get smaller every year.

Edited by TMP