Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

2 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

Mods like to take credit for fanboy wars ending, but when you look at the numerical landscape ‘twas Kevin who ended the wars 👀

1 minute ago, Weird Alegion said:

And maybe it will be Jim who revives them? 👀👀👀👀👀👀

Legion, go to bed.

58 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I guess my TFA audience didn't cheer for 10 minutes straight.

It was a Saturday so maybe that's the issue.

If your definition of "crowd pleaser" is "only films where the audience cheers for 10 minutes straight", not a lot of crowd pleasers out there.

===

FWIW, I tend to place TFA in the same box of "crowd pleasers" as FotR, TTT, and RotK than the NWH's of the world.  Not exactly an epic, no.  But it played more like one when it came to audience connection.

(also, yes, people lost their shit when Rey grabbed the lightsaber at the end of TFA, but that's besides the point).

*pauses*

giphy.gif

@Cap

Edited by Porthos

12 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

I found this Spidey movie borderline unwatchable. I really can't believe it has done well. WOM should be horrible.  What has happened to peoples tastes?

*(have not actually seen it) 

Doing my bit to bump up the page count.

I mean reviews were great. Nostalgia is great

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i remember one person tried to get an applause going when Han Solo showed up when i went to the force awakens midnight show. really embarrassing. dude must've got lost and thought he was in the US i dunno what was going on there.

I've become pretty tired of the clapping and cheering. I guess I should start catching these fan-heavy movies at 10am Sunday morning or something. No Way Home wasn't that bad, it was the usual moments you'd expect and didn't last long enough to really ruin a scene. Endgame was a fucking nightmare though. Every time a character made a sideways glance the audience lost their goddamn minds. I'm pretty sure the entire last hour was nonstop audience yelling.

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

@Cap

As someone who has gone through the full range of emotions with Star Wars, particularly the sequel trilogy, I just think it’s a crazy re-write of history to say TFA wasn’t an absolute banger at the time. If anything, one could argue the crash from TFA to TLJ/TROS in terms of fandom and hype is due to people being SOOOO jones about TFA

Like I can’t watch it anymore. Just makes me pressed. Poe and Finn and Rey are all SO GREAT. They have SUCH a youthful energy. And then… well, *you know how that went hand wave*

Anyway, I’ll always have Clone Wars. And Rebels. And now Kenobi. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Bringing Hugh Jackman's Wolverine or bringing back RDJ/Evans (in a few years) is the next big thing they can do to replicate this kind of T&A buzz.

Word is from the Hollywood trades themselves that Evans is coming back sometime soon...for something.  But Feige has successfully buried that in the midst of all the other hype of these current and upcoming projects.    

5 minutes ago, Felandria said:

Let us not forget that Thor 4 also has the GOTG, so that could also have some solid drift off Spidey in terms of getting those sweet reactions from an audience.

I'm betting they are only in the first 5-15 minutes of the movie to give Thor a send-off on his new adventure.  

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I've become pretty tired of the clapping and cheering. I guess I should start catching these fan-heavy movies at 10am Sunday morning or something. No Way Home wasn't that bad, it was the usual moments you'd expect and didn't last long enough to really ruin a scene. Endgame was a fucking nightmare though. Every time a character made a sideways glance the audience lost their goddamn minds. I'm pretty sure the entire last hour was nonstop audience yelling.

should move to the uk. i saw endgame at a sold out midnight show. only a small pop of cheers when captain america caught the hammer, otherwise a perfectly fine experience.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

I know just how to get this page count up.

Rian Johnson has made the best Star Wars movie/content since Lucas. 

🥱🥱🥱

Just not the same  without lordmandeep around 

Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Haha 3